• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    I am glad to see that they have been doing this now. I have wanted a side loading Henry in .357 for a while now. I never got around to buying one of the newer model X guns but I did see a lot of videos in which people talked about how great it was to shoot 38 special with a can out of one. https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/big-boy-x-model/

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    I have a Browning B-92 in .357 Mag, but if I could find a Henry or Rossi under $500, I would pick one up...just because I don't want to mess up my Browning. I can't imagine Henry getting the MSRP unless the current panic buying continues.

Trekker

Oct 20, 2011
    Harford County
    Very interesting news indeed. Are there any ideas when these will become readily available, as in walk into my LGS to put one on order?

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    They also put out 350 Legend, 450 Bushmaster, and 12 Gauge Slug barrel versions of their single shot rifles and shotguns. All of which should actually show up in stores closer to $430 instead of their listed MSRPs since that’s what the existing ones go for, even during the pandemic they haven’t hit the MSRP from what I’ve seen.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    They also put out 350 Legend, 450 Bushmaster, and 12 Gauge Slug barrel versions of their single shot rifles and shotguns. All of which should actually show up in stores closer to $430 instead of their listed MSRPs since that’s what the existing ones go for, even during the pandemic they haven’t hit the MSRP from what I’ve seen.

I buy from a local Henry dealer Bob's Sunoco in Callaway typically a lot less than MSRP. http://bobssunoco.net/index.html

Ngrovcam

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2016
    Florida
    I love the feel of a Henry, that it’s US made,
    and a side-loader is great...not crazy about
    the loading tube thing, although it’s use
    on the new side loader apparently
    is not required as it can be loaded through
    the gate...but, dang, Henry’s are so pretty,
    I wouldn’t want to ding ‘em all up in the
    field...wish I could afford a “JM” pre-safety
    Marlin.357. Just a few years ago, they were
    $600 all day long...now, often a grand plus.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    I’ve never understood why the larger calibers command so much higher if a premium than the .22 models.

Cant imagine they cost that much more to produce.

They do. The 22 Henry’s are zinc subframes encapsulated by a cover. Relatively easy to manufacture and pretty inexpensive. The centerfire guns are more expensive both material- and machining-wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom