• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    Myrtle grove being closed, im looking for an outdoor range that I can break in a new AR and shoot some clay. I live in patuxent River and dont have the time to drive over 2 hours. Thanks for the help guys.

Tihsho

Secret Asian Man
    Aug 23, 2011
    Frederick & HoCo, MD
    ^^^^

This. Only thing is he can't just walk in without a membership (club and range) and need to get certified to shoot steel as well provide your own targets and stands.

ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    Don't be...May I suggest that you check it out first.

Well the idea was to take a trip today and go sight everything in and make it an all day thing then it turns out I have to go online set up a class and talk to an instructor then I gotta drive two hours away then there's so many to choose from and not all of my friends are avid shooters so I just didn't think it would be worth it. Ill wait for myrtle grove to open back up

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Well the idea was to take a trip today and go sight everything in and make it an all day thing then it turns out I have to go online set up a class and talk to an instructor then I gotta drive two hours away then there's so many to choose from and not all of my friends are avid shooters so I just didn't think it would be worth it. Ill wait for myrtle grove to open back up

Two hours isn't worth your time. Find something closer. If you reconsider, talk to us first, not the range.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Delmarva SpOrting Clays has steel at 25, 100, 200 and 300 yards. They may have it at 500 but I haven't used that range recently.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Delmarva SpOrting Clays has steel at 25, 100, 200 and 300 yards. They may have it at 500 but I haven't used that range recently.

Except Delmarva is probably 3+ hours from pax.

Unfortunately all I am aware of is AGC for steel. I've been wondering the same thing and is the reason I'll probably join a club so I can join AGC. it helps that it is 10 minutes from my house.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Except Delmarva is probably 3+ hours from pax.

Unfortunately all I am aware of is AGC for steel. I've been wondering the same thing and is the reason I'll probably join a club so I can join AGC. it helps that it is 10 minutes from my house.

AGC is at least a 2.5 hour drive from Pax River where the OP is coming from. What's a half hour when you can use the range today without training and membership.

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    Sanners lake in St Marys is a prove club but the shooting matches are open to the public

Skeet on Wednesdays and Sunday's and 5 stand on most Saturday's check out the website for other matches there are usually 4-5 a week. The club is in lexington park about 6 miles from the base.

Edit: They do not have steel plates to shoot at sanners except for the rim fire steel challenge matches

ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    Sanners lake in St Marys is a prove club but the shooting matches are open to the public

Skeet on Wednesdays and Sunday's and 5 stand on most Saturday's check out the website for other matches there are usually 4-5 a week. The club is in lexington park about 6 miles from the base.

Edit: They do not have steel plates to shoot at sanners except for the rim fire steel challenge matches

Being that I'm gonna be here for another two years I'd like to try and get a membership there but from taking to people in the area the wait list is stupid long
    Plus I don't think I'm good enough for a competition. Yet

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    1. Club level matches are generally low key, try some that are vaguely up your alley.

2. Make friends with some MDS buddies who happen to belong to Sanners, and go as their guest frequently.

3. Make friends with farmer/ large landowner in St Mary or South Calvert.

Failing the above, you're not going to be able to do what you want to do in close proximity to where you you are ( without involving realtors).

Accept that you will have to drive a cpl hours each way
    Accept that going to the range is an all day activity.

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    1. Club level matches are generally low key, try some that are vaguely up your alley. 2. Make friends with some MDS buddies who happen to belong to Sanners, and go as their guest frequently. 3. Make friends with farmer/ large landowner in St Mary or South Calvert. Failing the above, you're not going to be able to do what you want to do in close proximity to where you you are ( without involving realtors). Accept that you will have to drive a cpl hours each way Accept that going to the range is an all day activity.

Ding ding. Peacemaker (PNTC) for the win.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Being that I'm gonna be here for another two years I'd like to try and get a membership there but from taking to people in the area the wait list is stupid long
    Plus I don't think I'm good enough for a competition. Yet

Come by today and say hello. I will be there on the rifle range all day shooting Appleseed.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Given the OP's location and stated intrests, DSC will be his more proximate option for commercial range.

And take up Mdeng on his invitation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom