• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    Went with the Westinghouse as it has the rod and bayonet and is in better shape externally than the Remington, bores about equally dark. The Finn's bore is near new looking but the Westinghouse just tickled me more. Plus my gun pusher gave me a better deal on it.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Went with the Westinghouse as it has the rod and bayonet and is in better shape externally than the Remington, bores about equally dark. The Finn's bore is near new looking but the Westinghouse just tickled me more. Plus my gun pusher gave me a better deal on it.

You probably did well. Finns are the best shooter but I am thinking maybe that they topped out on price. The Westinghouses are fairly unusual and great American history, been trying to find one for a couple years now at a "better than stupid" price.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    You probably did well. Finns are the best shooter but I am thinking maybe that they topped out on price. The Westinghouses are fairly unusual and great American history, been trying to find one for a couple years now at a "better than stupid" price.

I know the Finns are usually the best shooters but American made ones are just more interesting historically to me. Bore is dark with strong rifling and a counterbored muzzle and I honestly don't expect even close to MOA with any Mosin so I won't be disappointed if it's 2-4 MOA. Besides, it has the bayonet and I needed something to skewer a roast for the bonfire after a day's shooting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom