• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Peering into my crystal ball, as the mists part I see that if the long gun qualification bill is passed. The next session a new bill for ammo qualification license will be introduced, 7 day wait, 1 box per month, certain extra deadly calibers banned, must be lead free.

Last edited:

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    I got vetoed from the wifey. She's having low BP and low heart rate with baby #2. Due April 1 but #1 was two weeks early. Anybody have info on how to send in written testimony? Not like they'll actually read it, but I'd like to at least support the Senate Bill about self defense being g&s. Thanks

The directions for testimony are in the Committee PDF documents listed below. Please note, written testimony must be physically delivered (you may be able to ask your Senator or Delegate to assist, but plan on being able to mail/courier the required number of copies).

Senate Judicial Proceedings:
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/pubs-current/current-jpr-faqs.pdf

House Judiciary:
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/pubs-current/current-jud-faqs.pdf

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    Looks like we need to fill the streets of Annapolis with thousands of people again (not the "hundreds" WBAL reported).

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    So, I'm gonna try & get there early so as to sign up to voice my opinion. Are we setting up a meeting place?

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    The directions for testimony are in the Committee PDF documents listed below. Please note, written testimony must be physically delivered (you may be able to ask your Senator or Delegate to assist, but plan on being able to mail/courier the required number of copies).

Senate Judicial Proceedings:
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/pubs-current/current-jpr-faqs.pdf

House Judiciary:
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/pubs-current/current-jud-faqs.pdf

So it's not required to provide written reports of one's testimony the day of?

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD

No one is required to submit Written Testimony in order to testify verbally.

If you are giving Oral Testimony, it should be different than or expand on one or two concepts from your Written Testimony. It is frowned upon, and will likely get your time cutoff, if you read your Written Testimony to the committee at the witness table/podium.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD

No one is required to submit Written Testimony in order to testify verbally.

If you are giving Oral Testimony, it should be different than or expand on one or two concepts from your Written Testimony. It is frowned upon, and will likely get your time cutoff, if you read your Written Testimony to the committee at the witness table/podium.

Also - there are time limits on submission of written testimony (the deadlines are in the committee documents I posted before). Those time limits are strictly observed and are designed to allow the committee staff to prepare stacks of testimony for ALL of the day's bills on each Committee member's desk prior to the start of the hearing.

yakfish

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 27, 2017
    I think this time, there needs to be some civil disobedience.

The evening of the gun hearing day (25th?), when everyone is trying to get out of town at the end of the day, there should be crowds blocking every street.

Not in the crosswalks, just crowds milling around in the streets, refusing to move, unless there is a police officer in direct proximity telling them to, at which point they do, leave the area, then immediately relocate to block another street.

Literally shut down the entire downtown street grid. Blockade it. Throw in a few “disabled/broken down/fender bender exchanging information wink-wink” vehicles, too. Shut the town down. Trap hundreds of vehicles inside the blockade, for hours.

Give them an idea of what noncompliance is going to look like, as well as reinforce that they are indeed vulnerable. Plenty of time to think about it when sitting in their cars staring at crowds of people who won’t get out of their way, in defiance of the law.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

The evening of the gun hearing day (25th?), when everyone is trying to get out of town at the end of the day, there should be crowds blocking every street.

Not in the crosswalks, just crowds milling around in the streets, refusing to move, unless there is a police officer in direct proximity telling them to, at which point they do, leave the area, then immediately relocate to block another street.

Literally shut down the entire downtown street grid. Blockade it. Throw in a few “disabled/broken down/fender bender exchanging information wink-wink” vehicles, too. Shut the town down. Trap hundreds of vehicles inside the blockade, for hours.

How will the media spin that? You think they may spin it like we are angry, unhinged white guys with guns?

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM

They’ll let BLM block streets without so much as a finger wag; only fair if they let 2A supporters do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED

Nothing else has worked over the years. We do need another approach.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Maryland has at least 2 Sanctuary State laws. If they can disregard Federal Laws they don’t like, why should we abide by State laws we don’t like? It’s the precedent we set.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Will try to get off work, but currently have a VIP visitor in the middle of the day. Will try and move him.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom