• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    I wonder for the gun owners not wise enough to think ahead and get their mj card will they be able to win a lawsuit against Green Doc's / Compassionate Care when they lose their firearms since the so called Dr.'s office never advised them of the federal consequences since they do not adhere to federal laws.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Licensing and registration is the same for marijuana as it is for guns, all it does is make it possible for the government to take away more of your rights and liberties.

Fredcohunter

Nov 30, 2008
    A little west of Frederick
    Didn't know all Rx meds had to be disclosed on 77r.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

We don't shoot heroin to get the medical benefits of opioids. I don't think the federal government considers smoking pot to be an Rx med regardless of what states do. The federal government currently does not recognize a difference between medical and recreational use. Of course that may change eventually.

tourrider

Grumpy
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 9, 2009
    Corry, PA
    We don't shoot heroin to get the medical benefits of opioids. I don't think the federal government considers smoking pot to be an Rx med regardless of what states do. The federal government currently does not recognize a difference between medical and recreational use. Of course that may change eventually.
    I took my wife's car keys away from her 6 weeks ago. It wasn't from the little puffs of pot she takes so her food will stay down. It's from the other dozen Rx meds shes popping. Including the opiods.

OK. I'll stop playing the advocate now. She'll never be filling out a 77R even if she had a medical MJ card, and I don't smoke it.

The engineering is working. They can systemically disqualify a hugh segment of potential gun owners. Stealth gun control.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The principle is old news in Md , just resetting the scope.

W&C applications require a medical records waiver , and medications are asked in the interview . We have seen threads here where applicants prescribed things like anti-depressants having to get letters from their Dr .

Fredcohunter

Nov 30, 2008
    A little west of Frederick
    I took my wife's car keys away from her 6 weeks ago. It wasn't from the little puffs of pot she takes so her food will stay down. It's from the other dozen Rx meds shes popping. Including the opiods.

OK. I'll stop playing the advocate now. She'll never be filling out a 77R even if she had a medical MJ card, and I don't smoke it.

The engineering is working. They can systemically disqualify a hugh segment of potential gun owners. Stealth gun control.

I wasn't trying to be argumentative and I am sorry about your wife. Personally I think its a convenient back door gun grab but it is what it is. I don't expect the federal government is going to be in too much of a hurry to change on medical marijuana even if all 50 states adopt it.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    its been illegal to buy a pistol if you smoked pot for 50 years. Nothing new here.

Not a back door grab... More like they've owned the property for decades and went right in the front door.

tourrider

Grumpy
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 9, 2009
    Corry, PA
    I wasn't trying to be argumentative and I am sorry about your wife. Personally I think its a convenient back door gun grab but it is what it is. I don't expect the federal government is going to be in too much of a hurry to change on medical marijuana even if all 50 states adopt it.

No worries. I didn't take it as argumentative, as I was trying not to be as well. I took it as an opportunity to shine light on what I feel could be legit medical Rx being reason to disqualify.

It is an easy way to deny gun ownership.

Happy Holidays!

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Nevermind the dope question... I was set back by the signature line. It reads "Transferee/Voluntary Registrant "

How in the F is filling the 77r Voluntary? Has anyone tried crossing out Voluntary Registrant to see if It's truly voluntary

You don't have to fill out the 77r. If you want your gun, you have to "voluntarily" fill out the 77r. It is one of those twisted things where it is voluntary as long as you don't need to do it.

Nanook

F-notso-NG-anymore
    Nevermind the dope question... I was set back by the signature line. It reads "Transferee/Voluntary Registrant "

How in the F is filling the 77r Voluntary? Has anyone tried crossing out Voluntary Registrant to see if It's truly voluntary

I have circled "Transferee" and one-line crossed out "Voluntary Registrant" and initialed it on a paper form. Wasn't denied. Probably got registered anyway.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    As I said in the other thread, medical pot is a honey trap. Get a prescription and forfeit your enumerated rights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom