Hypothetical: MSP shows up at home and asks to see your regulated firearms...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • signature

Jan 16, 2013
    Plus, most ranges are private. Where I shoot, LE would have to trespass on posted private property where members have explicit, written permission to possess and shoot guns.

I am serious. We may shoot on a farm or at a range like Elk Neck. Nothing we have is illegal now. We've had DNR show up, once while hunting, once while shooting. Shake down took place. No fines. I believe they have the right for a reason, which leads to my question.

If a neighbor calls because of noise or what ever, is that probable cause for a shake down and what if you cant prove?
    Will they take the weapons in question? Who ever said it was right, I feel like I'll be looking over my shoulder and scared shitless of target shooting unless I know how to defend my legal self when this occurs.

AnonymousShooter

Jan 2, 2012
    Salisbury, MD
    This is ridiculous that we even have to think about this happening. I kind of have a backup plan in place, but what are we looking at in terms of a timeline. First knock from the MSP, "Get a warrant" to when they come back with a warrant?

Is it acceptable to say that you've moved your collection out of state (if it's true of course)?

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    The fact that we need to ask these questions is wrong...law abiding gun owners in Maryland should not be forced to feel like Anne Frank and her family hiding from the Nazis in the attic.

Your post is a little tin foil hattyish and tad over the top, but it is precisely the direction we are heading in.

There are many fine LEO's out there, but there are also some JBT's out there that would stomp on the back of a CITIZENS neck in an attempt to reach the next rung on the ladder.

The country and the courts need to pay attention.

Just my .025

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    No offense, but if it brings that much paranoia you should find another hobby.

No offense, but wrong answer.

His question is quite valid.

We are being targeted and many of us feel uneasy for a reason.

And the reason is that we are honest CITIZENS that have lived squeaky-clean lives only to be harrassed by our government while those who engage in criminal activity receive get out of jail free cards.

It's insanity!!!

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    This is ridiculous that we even have to think about this happening. I kind of have a backup plan in place, but what are we looking at in terms of a timeline. First knock from the MSP, "Get a warrant" to when they come back with a warrant?

Is it acceptable to say that you've moved your collection out of state (if it's true of course)?

I might be inclined to move part of my collection to another state, if things did indeed get "bad" in this one.

BUT - I'll be damned if I will say anything (nor am I required to) about where any of it is. I will not lie, or mislead them, I will simply have nothing to say about the matter. If they want to continue to waste their time, let them.

BTW, it was interesting to see this thread "disappear" briefly last night. Clandestine - you almost had me going, too.

HoldFast

Sep 8, 2013
    Dundalk, MD
    -MSP knock on door
    -In my best latin accent "He's not here, me cleaning lady"
    -Go back to playing video games

People talk way to much to Cops. If they have a warrant you comply or suffer the consequences.

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    I might be inclined to move part of my collection to another state, if things did indeed get "bad" in this one.

BUT - I'll be damned if I will say anything (nor am I required to) about where any of it is. I will not lie, or mislead them, I will simply have nothing to say about the matter. If they want to continue to waste their time, let them.

I think maybe what he was asking is: If I've moved my regulated firearms out of state and MSP does indeed come back with a warrant and I cannot produce the serialized items on their 'official' list, what does post-Oct-1 law specify? What happens to the other firearms on premises? Is it at the discretion of the individual executing the warrant?

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    I think maybe what he was asking is: If I've moved my regulated firearms out of state and MSP does indeed come back with a warrant and I cannot produce the serialized items on their 'official' list, what does post-Oct-1 law specify? What happens to the other firearms on premises? Is it at the discretion of the individual executing the warrant?

One would think if they had probable cause, they would get a warrant and be back shortly.

But then if they had PC they would probably already have a warrant.

Otherwise, end of story. You are still free to cut your junk up into pieces and put it in the dumpster, or sell it out of state, or whatever. It's your property, they just regulate the sale of it.

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    ....but you do not have every item on their list inside your safe....maybe you lost it in a boating accident or something.:innocent0 so, what happens next?

Do you have to prove where the boat sank?

No, you don't have to prove the boat sank. But it better have been within the last 72 hours, which is the requirement to report a stolen, lost, or missing regulated firearm. (72 hours from the time you were aware that the gun went missing.)

Folks, its time to get your C&R. You can buy SKSs and handguns like the Walther P38 (9mm) and have them shipped straight to your door--no 3rd party FFL, no Maryland notification.

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    I'm waiting for MSP to start conducting random visits on C&R holders.

Maybe in their eye an FFL is an FFL is an FFL.

How would the MSP know who a C&R holder is? The C&R is issued by the ATF. To my knowledge, that information is not shared with states.

Any inspections would be by a Federal officer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom