• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Attached please find a revised copy of my digital Bound Book in Excel spreadsheet format (it will also work with other spreadsheet software, including Open Office, which can be downloaded for the contribution of your choice). I've also posted a 10-page Bound Book in PDF format elsewhere, for those who would prefer to print out just the blank sheets, then fill them in by hand.

PLEASE KNOW that this is the prescribed format for your bound book, and there's nothing that says you can't keep a digital copy of your data in this format for your own purposes, but in order for this to be legitimate, you must print the pages with this data and place them into a binder of some sort. I use a comb-bound binder with plastic sleeves, and try to keep things looking as professional as possible. A three-ring binder is allowed. Just be aware that you have to have this data physically printed out unless you have special permission from the BATFE.

This version has 25 numbered pages, with 5 entries per pages. That should last the average collector a few months, or maybe a month's worth of entries for Yellowsled and Mawkie.

I've entered dummy info into the first data blocks on every page, since they are usually the ones that require the most lines. Just replace the text in each line with your own info. In the other blocks, you'll have to do a little adjusting to make the lines wrap properly. Just type in all of your info, and then go to where you think a new line should begin. Put your cursor there, and hit the space bar until the line is forced to wrap down to the next level.

When you print out pages, be sure that your printer is set to "landscape" orientation (unless it has auto detect).

Feel free to share this with others, but I'd ask that you not do so in any manner that you charge for it, and that you leave "Machodoc" and the date on the form. Pay it forward. We're in this hobby together.

Machodoc - always up the creek

https://bulk.resource.org/courts.gov/c/.../914.F2d.475.89-3345.htmlby Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit - 1990 - Cited by 31

"V. 52
    For the foregoing reasons, we hold that the regulations defining "business premises" and "gun show" are rational and consistent with the Gun Control Act as amended, and are therefore valid exercises of the Secretary's rulemaking authority. Likewise, the regulation requiring that licensees maintain records concerning the receipt and disposition of their personal firearms, and not merely those personal firearms transferred from their business inventories, is also reasonable and proper; however, to the extent that regulation requires licensees to record information not specified in the statute, the regulation is invalid. The regulation directing licensed collectors not only to record the receipt, sale, or other disposition of curio and relic firearms, but also to inventory and record all curio and relic firearms already in their possession when they obtained their licenses, is inconsistent with the plain language of the statute and is to that extent invalid. Thus, the judgment of the district court is affirmed in part and reversed in part."

Attachments

• AAA_Bound_Book_Share_2013.xlsx
      26.2 KB · Views: 1,007
    Last edited:

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Thanks for spreadsheet, I was heading to store (Stapes) to see what they had on hand later this week. You saved me a few dollars.

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    Excellent! Thank you!

BTW, Open Office is dead. Most of the developers left and formed LibreOffice after getting fed up with Oracle's shenanigans. LibreOffice is light-years ahead of OO in terms of stability, speed, and functionality.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    NOTE! I noticed that the original copy that I posted still had some remnants of an entry that I made in the original that I used a the basis for this latest version. I've edited those and uploaded a new file. If you downloaded the last version that I posted here, you might want to get the edited one, instead ... or just use that as a guide for how to enter data. I believe it was on page 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom