• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrabcakesAndFootball

Jun 14, 2017
    Has anyone looked into these integrally suppressed barrels for a 10/22 takedown, and if so, does anyone have a preference? The price is basically a push between the two. I have a Gemtech One sitting in NFA jail, but I love shooting the 10/22 and would like to try an ISB. Thanks.

I ran a search and didn't come across anything, but please delete if this is a dupe.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I can't comment on the Ruger as I don't have on. I do have a non ported Mist on a takedown. It is one of my favorite rifles to shoot. I have 5 or 6 muzzle cans of various makes and models. The Mist is as quiet if not more than any of them. No FRP at all. I am comparing to Spectre II, Minute man, Zepher, DA Mask and prolly one or 2 more that escape me now, I also have an Oculus in jail. I am not saying it will beat every can out there, but it will sure as hell rival it.
    What really wins points is taking it out of the Ruger bag, assembling it, then shooting it. It turns heads almost as much as pulling out the Anaconda. I am always asked to shoot it by others. On the accuracy front, it is good enough for me. We can hit gongs at 200 with a substantial holdover.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    I've shot quite a few of the integrally suppresses barrels on a 10/22 takedown, and I like the ISB the most. The ISB has a more solid feel to it than the Mist. Biggest downside of the ISB is the non-circular suppressor profile. If you are good with the handguard you get, I would go ISB. If you have to have a different handguard put on and don't want to modify one extensively to make it work, get the Mist.

I am biased in my opinion, however.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    I have a Thompson Machine Operative. I love it. Very quiet and light weight. Without scope or bi-pod my 10/22 with Hogue stock and Operative installed weighed right around 4lbs.

I shoot standard and subsonics through it.

Also Hafer's in Hagerstown had a 10/22 TD integral suppressed barrel for sale. Cant remember the price. Not sure if they have it any more.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I have a Thompson Machine Operative. I love it. Very quiet and light weight. Without scope or bi-pod my 10/22 with Hogue stock and Operative installed weighed right around 4lbs.

I shoot standard and subsonics through it.

Also Hafer's in Hagerstown had a 10/22 TD integral suppressed barrel for sale. Cant remember the price. Not sure if they have it any more.

I came close to getting an Operative. I do own a couple TM cans. It does get good reviews. But I ended up with the Mist due to price and availability.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    How does throwing in keeping the original barrel/fore end available skew the thoughts?

Or, how much do the parts cost to take one of the integrally suppressed barrels and complete it? I looked on Ruger Parts and they do not list those parts.

I recently picked up a TD Lite, and would like to keep the fore end for non-suppressed or can use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom