• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    Seems like most of the people who were there said the focus was on mootness issue. 45 min of the hour or so spent on that. Also for those reporters who were there and guessing, that Roberts may side with liberal justices on case being moot. No bueno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That doesn't mean anything. Many times these justices play devils advocate and probe arguments from other perspectives. If the case proceeds they will have to weigh on gun rights outside the home.

I just hope they determine the case is not moot and will proceed. For the first hearing they were expected to discuss mootness, that doesn't come as a surprise.

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    That doesn't mean anything. Many times these justices play devils advocate and probe arguments from other perspectives. If the case proceeds they will have to weigh on gun rights outside the home.

I just hope they determine the case is not moot and will proceed. For the first hearing they were expected to discuss mootness, that doesn't come as a surprise.

They did spend a lot of time on mootness.

NYC got some tough 2A questions from Alito.

If this was a commerce case, why hold all the other 2A cases?

My optimistic appraisal is that we will get a 2A ruling.

Even without $ damages, the plaintiffs still did not get what they asked for regarding transportation.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth

Attachments

• E4E37B14-20AF-467D-B7D5-4F9CECDDFCA4.jpeg
      E4E37B14-20AF-467D-B7D5-4F9CECDDFCA4.jpeg
      28.7 KB · Views: 475

Pope414

I dont trust Roberts . Obama found stuff about his illegal adoptions during Obamacare and the left will hold that hammer over him until the day he leaves.
    if they are leaning towards mooting the case look for Rogers,Cheeseman & Gould to get combined and granted cert at the next conference.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    I think they are looking for a way to rule on this and make the other cases being held go away all together.

Have no faith in the court, that’s just my opinion.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I just finished watching Chuck Michel live FB debrief and it seems to him that the court is divided and its up to Roberts to vote if its moot or not. I do not trust Roberts as far as I can throw him ...

Roberts does not like renegades either. This is his chance to reel in the lower courts, instead of ignoring SCOTUS precedent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom