• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I laughed the whole way through, thinking this was a spoof video. You mean to tell me this guy is for real??? He seriously is a trainer training those tactics? Nah uh....

He's done all kinda crazy chit. Lots of vids.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    hahahahaha

Now Chad, are you forgetting after I finished my AR piston build at SOTAR, you made me run away, zig sagging, while you took pot shots at me? You said something like, "I wont hit you, because you didn't square the receiver properly and then bed it with the Loctite 620 like I told you"....how soon we forget.....geez.

That is friggin hilarious, especially since it would be true :lol2::lol2:

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    There's videos of him "teaching" people to "drop the hammer" of REAL firearms on him before he drops the hammer on them. He's ridiculous.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Hogarth where's your AAR? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol: Editing it right now, haha!

Actually, I WILL say that people who have trained with Sayoc Tactical Group (Kyle Defoor, Bill Rapier, etc., both of whom I've trained with), do teach the integration of unarmed combatives, blades, and handguns. What it LOOKS like he's TRYING to do is from the STG template, where you strike with the strong hand while drawing your blade with the support hand, stab with that while drawing, and then shoot as you finish the knife strike.

The point is to disrupt the bad guy quickly with the initial strike (which you do with your strong hand as that is more natural and your other hand may be blocking/redirecting a muzzle, etc), then use the blade (which is quicker to strike with than your pistol), then shoot.

Here's Defoor demonstrating part of the concept, the speed to deploy the knife:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs-TObcA6R0

Here's Voodoo Man doing it all:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qya-iG4PqDc

Done well, it seems decent (though there is that part of me that says, unless you do this lightning-fast, no one will stand there and LET you do this to him). Done poorly, you get Voda.

Doing this, or anything akin to it, at a public range is the essence of stupidity.

Edit to add: the above was just in reference to the segment in the video where he was at an indoor range shooting and stabbing and almost shooting his hand off. In case that wasn't obvious.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I tried to watch that first video. At the beginning and when he was doing his demo in the store, all I could think of was "Joe Cocker with a gun". When he was showing his routine outside at the start of the video, it looked like he would catch the slide's recoil in the face.

DontTreadOnMe

Dec 10, 2016
    If I had to chose one of these instructors it would have to be the kid. Why not get a workout with all of that tactical expertise/dancing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom