• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hornblas

Ignore these four words
    Dec 1, 2008
    Mechanicsville
    Mac is actually an old family friend of ours. I used to fish up at his fathers farm with my grandpa in cedar hill when I was a Kid. I still see him from time to time at weddings and funerals.
    Mac is a good old farm boy through and through. I would be damned surprised if he voted for this bill once he read it.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Mac is actually an old family friend of ours. I used to fish up at his fathers farm with my grandpa in cedar hill when I was a Kid. I still see him from time to time at weddings and funerals.
    Mac is a good old farm boy through and through. I would be damned surprised if he voted for this bill once he read it.

Mac was a good ole boy once upon a time. he and my dad were friend for years but some how politics has turned him 180 degrees. i dont know how. he told me that he would not vote for the bill but he voted to stop the filibuster and then voted against the bill. now i cant get him to respond to me emails and when i call and ask to speak to him they ask what its about and then he is never there, imagine that. there was a back door deal somewhere . as far as i can tell Tony Odonnell and Roy Dyson are the only two from southern md with any sense and back bone and that can be trusted.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Voting to kill the filibuster is the same thing as voting for SB 281. Who cares that he voted against the bill; that doesn't really matter. He sold us out yet likes to pretend he's on our side. Had Middleton not voted for cloture (i.e. to stop debate, the filibuster) then SB 281 would be dead right now. And all of our efforts since then would not have been necessary.

He needs to get right on both 281 and the filibuster - or be voted out of office next time. Anything else is anti-2A. It's really that simple.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Voting to kill the filibuster is the same thing as voting for SB 281. Who cares that he voted against the bill; that doesn't really matter. He sold us out yet likes to pretend he's on our side. Had Middleton not voted for cloture (i.e. to stop debate, the filibuster) then SB 281 would be dead right now. And all of our efforts since then would not have been necessary.

He needs to get right on both 281 and the filibuster - or be voted out of office next time. Anything else is anti-2A. It's really that simple.

Agreed

Parshooter

Silent Majority Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    East NC
    Sadly, I have to agree. I have been in SOMD since 1980, when we would visit with him and his family at the roadside stand and voice like minded opinions. But it seems Annapolis is just like DC in that after you have been there too long you lose touch with your roots. Many politicians just become dinosaurs, and eventually need to be retired. One of the most insidious political moves is the old "sneak the legislation in, but vote against it to keep your reputation". Like Bohanon in St. Mary's ("I voted for the gas tax by mistake"), they have to learn that we are not the dummies they would play us for. Term limits- they work...

nutz

Closer to 5's than 10's
    Jun 29, 2011
    Near Indian Head, Md.
    Term limits- they work...

It's our fault. We let them come up with "career politician". The Declaration of Independence should be required reading for anyone entering office.

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom