• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Standing in line now. Cold and windy. The parking lot is filled up a bit due to the Estate Auction in one of the buildings.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I scored some light reading material :)

Attachments

• 60B674BE-CD03-4568-AB42-9E96ED351582.jpg
      60B674BE-CD03-4568-AB42-9E96ED351582.jpg
      74.9 KB · Views: 376

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Decent show for MD. I was tempted on a few shotguns but kept walking.

Who was wearing the SOTAR shirt? I was going to say hi but my youngest son side tracked me.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I thought the show sucked...small crowd and less vendors than ever. Gun prices are up and not much interesting...at least for me. It must make the antis in Annapolis happy as it seems their dreams are coming true.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Just got back myself but wasn’t looking for anything in particular. Chatted with Bigfoot and Fidelity. Joined MSI.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I thought the show sucked...small crowd and less vendors than ever. Gun prices are up and not much interesting...at least for me. It must make the antis in Annapolis happy as it seems their dreams are coming true.

This is why I only rarely bother with MD shows anymore as my interests also fall outside what Maryland shows now offer. Howard County used to be the bees knees but the Annapolis libs have gutted it. I did go last fall and there was a G36 conversion I liked. But the price was insane and I couldn't have bought the standard capacity magazine so I would have essentially had a single shot load by hand rifle. Better to buy it at a larger out of state show where the price would be more inline with reality AND I could have taken the magazine with me. It's sad. I used to really enjoy the Frederick show back in the day.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    I thought prices were a bit higher than normal. I left with some yugo 8mm that I thought was a fair price.
    I’ll be at timonium next weekend.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg

I agree. Most of what I saw was either overpriced or rusty junk. If you were looking for AR lowers, they were there and they were all priced at about $120 regardless of mfg. I only saw one item that was worth buying but I was not in the market for one so, I passed.
    If anyone is looking for one of those old Ruger blackpowder revolvers, there is a blued one in the original box, located along the wall as you walk in the main bldg. Asking price was $550.

Other than that, the show was very disappointing. I don't usually walk into a show with a wad full of cash and walk out with absolutely nothing! I did drop a $20 donation to MSI though. Stopped by a couple of gun shops on the way home and wasn't impressed with the quality of their inventory either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom