• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I wonder what sort of advertising was on the outside of the trailer. Even if there was none, if it were me, I'd have something like XXX Septic Services painted on the trailer, hopefully discouraging any curiosity-seeking folks from looking to score a nice haul as they apparently did in this case.
    He travels a circuit following big shoots in the spring and summer. It's just a plain enclosed trailer with his name on the side. He's insured but I heard last Tuesday from a guy who's buddies with him that's he was sick over the incident. It doesn't bode well for the venue either, they've never had a need for any type of security. When you work there they know who you are and expect 100% professional behavior from you. This was someone either very smart or VERY stupid. No one is going to knowingly buy any of these guns from someone and show up to an event with it.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    He travels a circuit following big shoots in the spring and summer. It's just a plain enclosed trailer with his name on the side. He's insured but I heard last Tuesday from a guy who's buddies with him that's he was sick over the incident. It doesn't bode well for the venue either, they've never had a need for any type of security. When you work there they know who you are and expect 100% professional behavior from you. This was someone either very smart or VERY stupid. No one is going to knowingly buy any of these guns from someone and show up to an event with it.

Was the trailer left on M&M grounds while the owner of the guns went to the Seafood Blast?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Was the trailer left on M&M grounds while the owner of the guns went to the Seafood Blast?

Yes, but this is commonplace.

The other pretty big high end seller who's always there had his stuff there through Sunday also.

Look at it this way, they've got tens of thousands in target inventory in a sea container, tens of thousands more in machines sitting out during the whole shoot. No one expects anything to come up missing (at all).

No one has security at any of these shoots, except maybe Wing Pointe in PA and another small/private club here in MD that holds pigeon shoots. That's to keep the crazies out though, not for fear of theft or loss by someone on the property.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    Yes, but this is commonplace.

The other pretty big high end seller who's always there had his stuff there through Sunday also.

Look at it this way, they've got tens of thousands in target inventory in a sea container, tens of thousands more in machines sitting out during the whole shoot. No one expects anything to come up missing (at all).

No one has security at any of these shoots, except maybe Wing Pointe in PA and another small/private club here in MD that holds pigeon shoots. That's to keep the crazies out though, not for fear of theft or loss by someone on the property.

I’ve only ever heard of security guards is at Detroit Gun Club. This is for the competitors to leave their guns at the club. So they don’t have to take them to their hotels. And at San Antonio for the World Skeet Shoot and the National Sporting Clays Championships.

PJ, who was the other dealer? Elite?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I’ve only ever heard of security guards is at Detroit Gun Club. This is for the competitors to leave their guns at the club. So they don’t have to take them to their hotels. And at San Antonio for the World Skeet Shoot and the National Sporting Clays Championships.

PJ, who was the other dealer? Elite?

Pacific, he's from Michigan but a lot of people use him for buying/selling new and used guns.

(EDIT) Ah, missed what you were saying there.

The other dealer was Clay Target Sports out of NJ.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    You'll generally see Clay Target Sports with a full gunsmith trailer set up and also sometimes other sellers/smiths, there's a big CG presence there usually also.

While M&M can be intimidating to some, once you've walked around and checked things out it's a pretty cool place. I enjoy reffing there, great people to work for. You'll encounter generally a polite clientele and almost always a chance to trap for some of the best shooters in the world.

cornstalk

Mar 13, 2013
    Yeah, $300k of "cash" in a trailer. Really wondering what the trailer looked like. I will not leave $5,000 of guns alone in a vehicle overnight, or even while eating lunch.

Same here, wondering what kind of security they had on the trailer...there must have been something? Cameras, alarm? Did the police take fingerprints? This size of burglary is most likely professional and worth calling in professional investigators.

CBo

Feb 11, 2018
    Columbia
    that was one costly trip to go eat seafood, i bet hell never forget that dinner and regret the decision to go. my bet, the person whos idea it was to go, let a friend know who knew someone shady enough to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom