Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > Curio and Relic (C&R)
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 24th, 2019, 02:19 PM #3541
somd_mustangs somd_mustangs is offline
-----
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,096
somd_mustangs somd_mustangs is offline
-----
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yingpin View Post
...
1944 Military PP, non-import mark with matching numbers. WaA359 Waffenamt on slide and frame as well as two proofs by the ejection port and barrel, with two era correct mags and what I believe to be appropriate grips. I think the holster is repro but I cannot find any identifying marks. There are a few places where something is blacked out but not sure what is under there.
Nice, the WaA359 army-accepted PP's are harder to find and especially in nice shape... only sour note would be the lanyard loop scabbed onto it. Having said that, there seem to be several with the loop right around that S/N:
http://p38forum.com/forums/showthrea...hlight=lanyard

Not a holster guy but my guess is it's possibly an early post-war holster, or even a proper WW2 late-war. I don't think it's a repro, the stitching is too neat... look carefully for marks embossed into the leather.
somd_mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2019, 10:18 PM #3542
clay_shooter's Avatar
clay_shooter clay_shooter is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: MoCo
Posts: 442
clay_shooter clay_shooter is offline
Banned
clay_shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: MoCo
Posts: 442
That looks great. A c&r weather is definitely on my wish list.
clay_shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2019, 12:00 AM #3543
Jimbob2.0 Jimbob2.0 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 15,609
Images: 27
Jimbob2.0 Jimbob2.0 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 15,609
Images: 27
I know not to go to United! Went to look at a 91/59 which didn't resonate with me and they go oh we have a new in and ready to go MAS 49/56 cant go wrong with that and why not get a Finn rebuild 1914 1891 for an additional $2.5 bills. Dangerous people.



Can anyone tell me the details, its got a Finn Z stock and a SA mark. Numbers all match except for the buttplate. Everything else is literally Russian to me. It has the handguard which I know are some $$s and a lot are missing. It has a really nice bore. Figured this was worth springing for in recognition of memorial day, odds are this one saw action in WWI and beyond.



If you stop by United they marked down a whole rack of Mosins, some decent guns and the prices are not bad for today's market. They had at least 3 91/30s and a 91/59.

Last edited by Jimbob2.0; May 25th, 2019 at 02:31 PM.
Jimbob2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2019, 06:16 PM #3544
mawkie's Avatar
mawkie mawkie is offline
C&R Wisperer
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Catonsville
Posts: 3,210
mawkie mawkie is offline
C&R Wisperer
mawkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Catonsville
Posts: 3,210
$250 for a Finn M91 is a good find! And you know my passion for French small arms. Love the MAS 49/56. Classic design that doesn't get the attention it deserves.
__________________
Life is nothing if you're not obsessed.
mawkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2019, 08:52 PM #3545
Jimbob2.0 Jimbob2.0 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 15,609
Images: 27
Jimbob2.0 Jimbob2.0 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 15,609
Images: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawkie View Post
$250 for a Finn M91 is a good find! And you know my passion for French small arms. Love the MAS 49/56. Classic design that doesn't get the attention it deserves.
Had bought the 49/56 (yes 7.5 not .308) for $450 its nice and was thinking ah I cant go wrong for a M91 for $250 with good numbers and a good bore.

They had marked most of their 91/30s and this one down to the same price, this was the gem from a collector's perspective. All were fairly nice examples.

I agree the French 49s were really innovative handy guns, a few small adjustments and you have a reasonably powerful, compact carbine length gun. Now I just need to find a scope for one of them.
Jimbob2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2019, 10:40 PM #3546
Abulg1972's Avatar
Abulg1972 Abulg1972 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Somewhere south of the Manson-Nixon Line
Posts: 4,154
Abulg1972 Abulg1972 is offline
Senior Member
Abulg1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Somewhere south of the Manson-Nixon Line
Posts: 4,154
Just Got It NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbob2.0 View Post
I know not to go to United! Went to look at a 91/59 which didn't resonate with me and they go oh we have a new in and ready to go MAS 49/56 cant go wrong with that and why not get a Finn rebuild 1914 1891 for an additional $2.5 bills. Dangerous people.



Can anyone tell me the details, its got a Finn Z stock and a SA mark. Numbers all match except for the buttplate. Everything else is literally Russian to me. It has the handguard which I know are some $$s and a lot are missing. It has a really nice bore. Figured this was worth springing for in recognition of memorial day, odds are this one saw action in WWI and beyond.



If you stop by United they marked down a whole rack of Mosins, some decent guns and the prices are not bad for today's market. They had at least 3 91/30s and a 91/59.


I have a soft spot in my heart and safes for Finnish-marked and built M1891s. You have a very nice looking “Peter The Great” M91, made by Tula Emperor Peter the Great Ordnance Factory, which made M91s from 1912-1918. The circle Z with crossed cannons on the stock is a maker’s mark of Oy Ekwall Ab, which was the final sub-contractor for the Finnish stock fabrication. Assuming that the bolt matches the barrel and the stock doesn’t have any cracks, $250 is about $100 to $150 below market these days.
Abulg1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2019, 10:59 PM #3547
Jimbob2.0 Jimbob2.0 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 15,609
Images: 27
Jimbob2.0 Jimbob2.0 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 15,609
Images: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abulg1972 View Post
I have a soft spot in my heart and safes for Finnish-marked and built M1891s. You have a very nice looking “Peter The Great” M91, made by Tula Emperor Peter the Great Ordnance Factory, which made M91s from 1912-1918. The circle Z with crossed cannons on the stock is a maker’s mark of Oy Ekwall Ab, which was the final sub-contractor for the Finnish stock fabrication. Assuming that the bolt matches the barrel and the stock doesn’t have any cracks, $250 is about $100 to $150 below market these days.
Thanks! Bolt and floorplate match. Not surprising buttplate doesn't. Stock is typical finn looking. Looks like it was recrowned when ordinance, has a very nice recessed crown similar to my Finn M39.

Both were total impulse buys which generally make me wary.
Jimbob2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2019, 11:32 AM #3548
Arcamm's Avatar
Arcamm Arcamm is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Carroll County and Annapolis when needed
Posts: 5,619
Arcamm Arcamm is offline
Senior Member
Arcamm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Carroll County and Annapolis when needed
Posts: 5,619
Romanian TT-33 Tokarev from AIM

So I played grab-bag-a-gun with AIM and this TT-33 showed up. Oil soaked, but in great shape. Looks better in real life than in the pictures. 1953

Name:  IMG_5489s.JPG
Views: 216
Size:  102.6 KB

Name:  IMG_5498s.JPG
Views: 219
Size:  88.6 KB



Perhaps we need a MDS photo class. I could use one.
__________________
At one point I thought I had seen it all.

Now I just think I've seen too much......

C3 for 2A

MSI, NRA and I vote!
Arcamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2019, 10:27 PM #3549
Jimbob2.0 Jimbob2.0 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 15,609
Images: 27
Jimbob2.0 Jimbob2.0 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 15,609
Images: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcamm View Post
So I played grab-bag-a-gun with AIM and this TT-33 showed up. Oil soaked, but in great shape. Looks better in real life than in the pictures. 1953

Attachment 261513

Attachment 261514



Perhaps we need a MDS photo class. I could use one.
Nice score.
Jimbob2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2019, 01:28 PM #3550
Alphabrew's Avatar
Alphabrew Alphabrew is offline
ZFG
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Where the men are men and the sheep are scared. Woodbine!
Posts: 19,825
Alphabrew Alphabrew is offline
ZFG
Alphabrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Where the men are men and the sheep are scared. Woodbine!
Posts: 19,825
I didn’t get it but I was tempted to get this Irish contract Enfield in the mummy wrap. Went for $910 which was a steal of a price. Lou45 had one just like it in the wrap.
Attached Images
 
__________________
<3 TRUMP <3

CNN is ISIS
Alphabrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > Curio and Relic (C&R)


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2019, Congregate Media, LP Privacy Policy Terms of Service