• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Folks , yes we are on dangerous ground . The liberal Dems. are so pissed off they will make life miserable for all of us . If they pick up more elections we won't recognize our country .

All because they lost in 2016

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    no, it doesn't. This is the actual bill:
    http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?201+ful+SB64+hil

Be it enacted by the General Assembly of Virginia:

1. That § 18.2-433.2 of the Code of Virginia is amended and reenacted as follows:

§ 18.2-433.2. Paramilitary activity prohibited; penalty.

A person is guilty of unlawful paramilitary activity, punishable as a Class 5 felony if he:

1. Teaches or demonstrates to any other person the use, application, or making of any firearm, explosive, or incendiary device, or technique capable of causing injury or death to persons, knowing or having reason to know or intending that such training will be employed for use in, or in furtherance of, a civil disorder; or

2. Assembles with one or more persons for the purpose of training with, practicing with, or being instructed in the use of any firearm, explosive, or incendiary device, or technique capable of causing injury or death to persons, intending to employ such training for use in, or in furtherance of, a civil disorder; or

3. Assembles with one or more persons with the intent of intimidating any person or group of persons by drilling, parading, or marching with any firearm, any explosive or incendiary device, or any components or combination thereof.

2. That the provisions of this act may result in a net increase in periods of imprisonment or commitment. Pursuant to § 30-19.1:4 of the Code of Virginia, the estimated amount of the necessary appropriation cannot be determined for periods of imprisonment in state adult correctional facilities; therefore, Chapter 854 of the Acts of Assembly of 2019 requires the Virginia Criminal Sentencing Commission to assign a minimum fiscal impact of $50,000. Pursuant to § 30-19.1:4 of the Code of Virginia, the estimated amount of the necessary appropriation cannot be determined for periods of commitment to the custody of the Department of Juvenile Justice.

while I am generally against pointless laws like this, we do ourselves a great disservice when we post incorrect information from conspiracy websites. It makes us all look like wingnuts.

This bill only makes training to further a civil disorder or intimidation illegal.

What this tells me is their AWB is just a first step.
    Next will be hand guns and then hunting guns. You can't have hunter's safety training without firearms instruction. Apparently there is a open carry rally being planned for the statehouse. Of course the liberals will proclaim that it justifies their ban...

no, it doesn't. This is the actual bill:
    http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?201+ful+SB64+hil

while I am generally against pointless laws like this, we do ourselves a great disservice when we post incorrect information from conspiracy websites. It makes us all look like wingnuts.

This bill only makes training to further a civil disorder or intimidation illegal.

And you don't think that in every case the left wing government won't use those very words to convict, regardless of the actual intention? Yes...it does exactly what I said it will do

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    They would have to prove that the intent of the training was in support of or in preparation for "unlawful paramilitary activity".

It's nearly impossible to prove intent until something takes place. The government, especially an anti gun left wing government is always going to assume the worst. We will have to wait and see but i'm betting that the first militia group that holds an exercise will be shut down flat and it's leaders and organizers will be charged

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

The way I read it is that any use during an undefined "civil disorder" would apply.

So if you think you're going to be OK with protecting your homes or families, you may want to think again.

Please do not try too convince me that these laws will be applied in a rational fashion. They will be twisted to get the results that those who enforce them desire. This is a universal phenomenon.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    The way I read it is that any use during an undefined "civil disorder" would apply.

So if you think you're going to be OK with protecting your homes or families, you may want to think again.

Please do not try too convince me that these laws will be applied in a rational fashion. They will be twisted to get the results that those who enforce them desire. This is a universal phenomenon.

Again, no. There are plenty of factual arguments against gun control, we dont need to resort to conspiracy theories from poor reading comprehension. And when we do resort to wingnut theories, it diminishes the credibility of the actual fact-based arguments against gun control.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Look at it this way, the rats are throwing everything they have at us thru legislation. Then when they don't pass everything, they'll say they're compromising.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    This would absolutely shutdown open carry demonstrations:

Assembles with one or more persons with the intent of intimidating any person or group of persons by drilling, parading, or marching with any firearm, any explosive or incendiary device, or any components or combination thereof.

There is no way an open carry rally does not have the intent to intimidate, even on the most fundamental level. If it didn't have that intent, the why engage in the rally?

Carrying a WWNC sign while open carrying will fall under this provision.

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    You trust a government that will strip you of your right to bear arms and to due process to give someone the benefit of the doubt? LOL

It is what the law is saying, and I agree with you, there's always the possiblity of abuse.

I also changed my post to what they term to be "unlawful paramilitary activity".

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Again, no. There are plenty of factual arguments against gun control, we dont need to resort to conspiracy theories from poor reading comprehension. And when we do resort to wingnut theories, it diminishes the credibility of the actual fact-based arguments against gun control.

All laws are subject to abuse, pretty much at the whim of those in charge.

Please explain to me how my reading comprehension is faulty.

Also explain why you consider my comments to be a wingnut theory. FYI, I find the above implications offensive.

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    Most of those fall under knowing or reason to know that the training will be used in or furtherance of civil disorder. Doesn’t the whole We Will Not Comply and the Come and Take Them movements fall under this if gets down to true door to door confiscation? Under this law it doesn’t have to come to that, just knowing that it could.

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    Let's have the pro 2A side introduce legislation that makes it a felony punishable by death, to introduce legislation contrary to the COTUS and the Bill of Rights!

Put those asshats on the defensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom