• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cow goes mooo

Huh? What?...
    Mar 26, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    Anybody out there with experience with the Para USA 1911 style handguns? Was looking at one or two of the them and the price didnt seem bad. Opinions welcome and appreciated.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I have a double stack P16-40 Limited, but it was made in Canadia. It works well until one of my weird handloads stops up the works. What kind of info are you looking for?

km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    I have a P14-45 Limited, double stacked. No problems with it until recently. Need to replace the mag catch, it was originally made of plastic and finally wore out. Replacing with a metal one.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Mine is stone cold reliable with factory ammo. Of the complaints I've read about Para's pistols, all of the complaints were about non-Limited guns.

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    a friend had the compact double stack .45 model with all the bells and whistles and it wouldn't even lock up on a full mag. friend tried to loosen it up, took it to local shop/ smith, and ended up shipping it back to para MONTHS ago where it still possibly sits. they haven't even bothered making contact with him.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    There has been numerous complaints about Para recently on the 1911 forums.

Jimbob - the Para USA models are different from the older Canadian models, the PARA USA is a new line.

A friend of mine bought one - he frowned at me when I bought my Kimber-yet my Kimber has had issues zero.

Ironically - his had to go to the smith to have the trigger lightened to 8lbs, far too heavy IMHO. I cant even imagine how heavy it was from the factory to have it lightend to an 8lb pull. His is the tactical one with Ed Brown parts in it from Para USA (cant recall the exact model number offhand)

From what I have also heard Paras customer service is absolutely terrible -with very long turn around time on warranty repairs.

Think Id skip that one if it were me.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    I have a P14-45 Limited, double stacked. No problems with it until recently. Need to replace the mag catch, it was originally made of plastic and finally wore out. Replacing with a metal one.

What you havent fixed that yet??????

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    I have a Para P-15 in 40 which they don't make any more. This gun is a double stack but it's not a full size 1911.
    I bought it used and it's been fine so far.

Billcw

Ultimate Member
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hanover,md
    I run a P-14 from canada .. before I had all the work done to it the only thing i didnt like was the sites that were on it and I bought it used . It ran pretty much anything and grouped well .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom