Attachments

• bad eye.jpg
      bad eye.jpg
      12.9 KB · Views: 177

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    STFU!!!!!! scar.`grrrrr... I'll just happy switch Rick and his buddies... Eat this... Pew- Pew!!!!!

Dont even think about picking up my empty brass, because there isnt any.. stoopid CG people

Attachments

• STFU.jpg
      STFU.jpg
      45.3 KB · Views: 208

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I think I'm going to go for a TA11D. Height over bore should be about correct for the BDC, and I like the triangle. Extra eye relief won't hurt, either.

This was a really fascinating discussion, given my non-familiarity with BDC and height over bore issues, so thank you very much!

I think you have made an excellent choice.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just an FYI.. ripped this off the ACOG FAQ website:

Does bullet weight and/or barrel length effect the reticle bullet drop compensator and range finding stadia lines?
    The real issue is not the bullet weight or barrel length, but muzzle velocity, ballistic coefficient, and the distance from height above bore. The difference in trajectory from bullet to bullet or barrel to barrel is usually less than the MOA thickness of the stadia lines.

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    height of comb and height over bore/ barrel are totally different things. comb refers to the stock/ cheekweld while HOB is the distance between the scope and the barrel.

Comb has nothing to do with ballistics/ optics. HOB determines how acute of an angle a rifle barrel will have to be tilted up in relation to the optic's line of sight so that they may zero or intersect at a certain known distance. The higher the difference, the more acute that angle is going to be.

Your info on HOB is valid, but please note that I was addressing the issue raised that the AUG's rail was too high for a comfortable cheek weld. It appears to be a very minor difference when compared to the height of comb of an AR.

Right now I am running magpul MBUS and a Vortex SPARC- for me the cheek weld is comfortable and feels equivalent to my 6940... and better then my 6530.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I talked to Pete today via email mail today. He has 10 of those scopes in transit. I have a eotech on 1 of mine Im planning on doing the swap on. Love the old ghost ring setup.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I talked to Pete today via email mail today. He has 10 of those scopes in transit. I have a eotech on 1 of mine Im planning on doing the swap on. Love the old ghost ring setup.

I talked to him over the weekend. He has 1.5x and 3x factory scopes for the M1 for $425 shipped. I'm currently running an EOTech and honestly, I'm pretty happy with it. Apparently, the CQC kit won't fit the M1's but he's getting ready to release a rail kit for them soon. I'm seriously tempted to buy the 1.5x, but the EOTech is sooo good on the AUG that it's tough to shell out the $$$ to try something different.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I ordered a 3X model from Pete today. he had 5 show up. I should have it by weeks end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom