• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    I am a sucker for unusual firearms. I reciently bought a 9mm AK, kind of in the spirit of the Bizon. Kind of. LOL

It a Romanian made, Chiappa imported PAK-9. Uses Glock (or Beretta, the mag well can be changed) 9mm stick magazines, not tubular.

Attachments

• 20170224_185046.jpg
      20170224_185046.jpg
      69.1 KB · Views: 2,095

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    1. Those are nice binoculars on their helmets! They certainty don't look like any NVGS I've seen, I could be wrong.

2. Interesting top fold stock. I haven't seen that before.

3. Is that string around the rifle?

Good catch on that stock. That is kind of interesting. I completely overlooked that.

EODJoe

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Jan 15, 2013
    Carroll County
    3. Is that string around the rifle?

One of the reasons that the Beta C-Mags never really took off with the military was the weight. I saw a few in use many moons ago and the guys would sometimes use Velcro straps with one side glued to the magazine on the left side and the other side looped over the carrying handle. Prolonged use of the C-mag would cause the mag release to wear out and sometimes the mags would just fall out of the rifle. Not very efficient and really not worth the trouble.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I have a hard time believing that mag holds a 100rds. The Russian Bizon only holds about 60rds and that's 9mm.
    If they are double stacked like the author suggest its likely possible. IIRC, the Calico is single stacked. I've seen one at AGC at least once and I played w/ the mags. Im guessing the Bizon is the same based on limited capacity. 5.56 drums like the Betamag are double stack. I could fairly easily see that twisted into a helical shape and getting 100+ in that size.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I wonder if they are real, or just a prop for "posturing?" I feel like the side arms in that one pic are positioned just for show...I can't imagine trying to draw from so high on my chest in any kind of hurry.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I wonder if they are real, or just a prop for "posturing?" I feel like the side arms in that one pic are positioned just for show...I can't imagine trying to draw from so high on my chest in any kind of hurry.

Its a north korean tactical rig....their main tactic being making the american military laugh so hard that they're momentarily incapacitated. Their shooting is full of lolz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom