• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 243hunter

Oct 26, 2012
    Illinois
    Several years ago Lowe's had a run on Poulin Wild Things, I often bought the replacement warranty because I knew Id get a new one out of the deal. This happened 2 or 3 times. :)

The thing with the poulan's and some other brands also, is due to emission standards, the carbs are set too lean, I adjust the carbs on about 50 a year for Menards. That are the ones that get returned to the store because they don't run right. The ones that people try to keep playing with, are the ones that I get to through in the bone yard because they locked them up.

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    Small engine repair is one of my hobbies. If you live close to Buds Creek st. Mary's county I will fix your chain saw, you just pay for the parts. Send me a PM.

GodOfVice

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    The thing with the poulan's and some other brands also, is due to emission standards, the carbs are set too lean, I adjust the carbs on about 50 a year for Menards. That are the ones that get returned to the store because they don't run right. The ones that people try to keep playing with, are the ones that I get to through in the bone yard because they locked them up.

No idea if it's true or not but a tree surgeon told me the cheap ones have the primer but the good ones like Stihl have no primer because they don't need it. :shrug:

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Yeah, that doesn't make much sense. Plenty of old and new Stihl equipment have primer bulbs.

All it does is fill up the carb, otherwise you just get a little more of an arm workout every time you start it from dry.

hup234

Feb 15, 2017
    Last year I purchased a battery powered 40 volt 16" Greenworks chainsaw, and love it. No gas, no oil, no fuss. Its got its limitations, but gets the job done.

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013

holy wow! you said "Menards" I always stop in that store on the way to Chicago! and yes most don't know how to set the hi's and lows properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom