• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DavidA

The Master of Disaster
    Dec 6, 2013
    Annapolis
    I have had this rifle for 3 years now. Awesome rifle. I like the heavies so it regular diet is 250 gr and 300 gr bullets. Sub MOA. Rem 700 Stainless receiver, Magpul 700 Hunter stock, NWP brake, Burris XTR II 5-25x50 mil scrib illuminated reticle. McGowen Precision 26” 1-10 twist Sendero profile barrel. Any hoot I recently decided to camouflage a 260 Rem LR308 I had. Like it so much I did my custom 270 win. Both of these were done using Kryptec Prym1 Sand storm. They both look awesome. The 338 win mag I’d in Kryptec Prym1 MP (multi purpose). They take some time to do right, but I think they are worth the effort.
    eca6189b61ed63c34c18c2a98cf2a75e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DavidA

The Master of Disaster
    Dec 6, 2013
    Annapolis
    Thanks everyone. I thought a lot before I dove in. I think the result are pretty crazy. The thing that made me start was the 260 Rem as its scope was Comfoaged from the factory in Kryptec Prym1 Sand Storm. What I takes is vinyl material which is either precut for your type of rifle AR15 or bolt gun. Gunskins gives great service and up to this point I have used their vinyl, but seeing as I have 12 different rifles , I have went to another site camowraps.comand they offer wraps for rifles but also bulk rolls. 48” Wide material you but it but the foot. It’s not Pre cut but 12”*48 piece should do a large rifle like my 338. So Gunskins.com which give great service and has Pre cut product offers a rifle skin at $61 price after you join. $17 for the scope portion. Camowraps.com offers rifles at $39. Bulk is $24 per linear foot of 48” wide product. A 48” x 12” sheet should do a rifle. If you are good at visualizing how to maximize use and reduce waste it should be fine. But maybe do a gun or two in kits to get the hang of it. You will need and exacto knife and get extra blades. You need to be able to strike a line and cut it. I use 2 to 3 blades per rifle. , next you will need a heat gun made for vinyl wrap. I got mine of Amazon. It came with some squeegees and edge tools for vulnerable wrap. Probably the most important thing you will need is a degreaser. I got Frog Lube degreaser of Amazon as well. Water based degreaser you spray down the surface and then have a nylon brush or toothbrush to scrub the surface down. Wipe it down with a clean towel and you are good to go. So to get started between degreaser, brushes, heat gun, vinyl wrap tools exacto knife and extra blades, you are in to $75 before you buy the wrap. The material has an adhesive backing so as long as you have done you job degreasing it sticks pretty well. Take your time in particular around areas with a lot changes in surface, like the deflector of and AR. As you cut of larger pieces place them on the substrate the vinyl come on. This is important because some time you miss little space because it just hard to make some weird surface variations work. If you have a small problem cut a small piece out odd a potion of trimmed material that matches the pattern of the area you are trying to cover. Up close you might notice it but back up a foot or two and it all blend in. Good luck gentlemen. If you decide to take the plunge post up what you do.

kingfish

Jan 15, 2008
    That’s awesome. I was recently thinking about doing a hunting rifle, stock only, in Vias Camo but don’t have the guts to try it. I was also considering having it dipped but can’t find anyone local who can do that

DavidA

The Master of Disaster
    Dec 6, 2013
    Annapolis
    Sorry guys I was out riding my motorcycle through the mountains of North Carolina and Virginia for three days. Any hoot. I would think it will do fine. The vinyl once set is pretty durable. Dragging it or dropping it is not going to do much. Let’s put it this way, I am not worried about it coming off as much as it is me trying to take it off. May be as hard as putting it on.

DavidA

The Master of Disaster
    Dec 6, 2013
    Annapolis
    So I got the Camo wrap bull vinyl in now I have the decide which rifle next. I’m thinking my pre 2013 16” light weight AR15. Tactical look. It will take the least amount of materials and I can figure it out on that. Then maybe two LR308, I have in 308 win.
    B
    0bf28e7e2a037637d5f99824db614f10.jpg

This is Prym1 highlander this will go on the AR15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidA

The Master of Disaster
    Dec 6, 2013
    Annapolis
    We’ll decide to wrap my 264 LBC. Kryptec Prym1 woodlands Camo. SPECS (6.5 Grendel). 24” bull barrel Black Hole Weaponry 1-8 twist three land Polygonal barrel. ALG defense ACT trigger. Magpul Precision Buttstock, Ergo palm shelf grip, Areo Precision upper and lower, Odin Works Nitride Bolt Carrier Group, Breek Arms War hammer charging handle, Breek Arms outside thread muzzle brake. Accu Shot mono pod rear, Caldwell by pod. Nikon Buckmaster 6-18 x 40 Adjustments.jpg
    scope with a 45 degree offset scope mounted Vortex Venom Viking VTac sling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom