• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    Shot location is everything. 43 yrd shot with my vertical bow , expandable broad head
    fc5dbab3e1a3a67f8a291b2274a17df6.jpg

05e182de31088d3f9c3df4b7928b4129.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    You shot him with his back turned!! Seriously, nice shooting. I'd have to do that when my wife is away.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I've used The trap and then shoot method. I don't always have time to wait or the opportunity to catch them in the yard. Kind of cheating but it get's the job done. Trapping then drowning is cruel imo but there is less blood. Make sure you bury it deep. The last time it didn't deep enough and the foxes dug it up and then the vultures got into it, it was a mess.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I've used The trap and then shoot method. I don't always have time to wait or the opportunity to catch them in the yard. Kind of cheating but it get's the job done. Trapping then drowning is cruel imo but there is less blood. Make sure you bury it deep. The last time it didn't deep enough and the foxes dug it up and then the vultures got into it, it was a mess.

My trap came with a gun port in it...:innocent0

ToBeFree

Ultimate Member
    Oct 5, 2011
    Highland Cnty-Va
    Dang the foxes here would drag the sucker away no problem.
    Had a deer in the back a few winters ago had got hit by a car and died in the yard. My wife said you have to go do something about that.
    Thanks to the vultures and other critters it was down to bones within a week. By spring when I was cutting grass I'd have to look hard to see where the bones were.
    Mother nature at her best.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Dang the foxes here would drag the sucker away no problem.
    Had a deer in the back a few winters ago had got hit by a car and died in the yard. My wife said you have to go do something about that.
    Thanks to the vultures and other critters it was down to bones within a week. By spring when I was cutting grass I'd have to look hard to see where the bones were.
    Mother nature at her best.

I had two get under my ground level deck after bow shots. Both were removed by critters, once leaving a trail of maggots as evidence.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Have a heart trap

It’s spring. He is probably a she and pregnant. Trap and relocate

Dirty hippy :sign03:

If she's pregnant, then you have more to worry about in a month!

To OP:
    I have a stash of cheapo broadheads I use for such circumstances, or I use good ones that have already been shot a few times, and are already dinged up.

If it's a young one, relocate to my stew pot....
    My wife has a "You shoot it, we eat it" policy, but it somehow doesn't extend to 'hogs. Thank goodness...I don't think I'm desperate enough to try one :puke:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    \up.

My wife has a "You shoot it, we eat it" policy, but it somehow doesn't extend to 'hogs. Thank goodness...I don't think I'm desperate enough to try one :puke:

I've never eaten one of the really big guys. The young ones are good eating. I have only done stews, but I suggest you give it a try.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I agree. I used to catch all sorts of stuff in the spring and I would just drop them off at Patapsco State Park on the way to work. ;)

I mean, it’s not legally. But I know why many do trap and release (it’s illegal to relocate wildlife in MD).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom