• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seabee

Old Timer
    Oct 9, 2011
    Left marylandistan to NC
    Just finished the latest in the line of rifles I'm reworking. Its a 250 Savage Improved on a Savage 1st gen action with preferred barrel blanks stainless barrel 1-10 twist, 5R rifling. Just put the stock on it yesterday and its a Boyd's Classic in forest camo laminate. Excellent stock! Action was a drop in fit but the barrel needed slight fitting as the barrel is slightly bigger than the factory one. I'll definitely be ordering more stocks from them.

Attachments

• Stock2.jpg
      Stock2.jpg
      46.6 KB · Views: 650
    • Stock1.jpg
      Stock1.jpg
      75.9 KB · Views: 667

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Is Boyd's shipping to MD again? I recall they stopped for some obstinate reason after the 2013 bill went into effect.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    That will be a great open field rifle. 250 savage should have great power and a smaller projectile than .30 should cut down on wasted meet. I really enjoy shooting my .250 savages (both Savage 99s) how much better is the "improved".

tony7815

Feb 11, 2016
    Beautiful rifle, if it shoots as well as it looks you'll have no problem putting venison in the freezer.

bigdv

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2010
    Calvert Co.
    Is Boyd's shipping to MD again? I recall they stopped for some obstinate reason after the 2013 bill went into effect.

yes. but i believe they wont ship a pistol grip stock or something like that. I bought a normal stock a couple years ago and they shipped with no issues. They are great.

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    How is the Preferred blank shooting? I'm thinking of one for a Remage.

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    I THINK they won't ship a thumbhole stock to MD.

Boyds shipped a Featherweight Thumbhole laminate for a FN98 to me in 2016 and a dressed and checkered Heritage for an M46 commercial Husqvarna in 2018.
    Maybe they won't send AR15/AR10 type or AK variant pistol grips. Don't know, have to ask Boyds to find out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom