• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slowhand

Pre-Banned
    Dec 13, 2011
    In a van, down by the river.
    Brief range report: Desert Tech MDRx(Micro Dynamic Rifle), Side eject, 20inch barrel. FDE.
    5.56, 55g XM193, 84deg, 4kt wind blowing directly from target.
    EoTech 552 red dot. AGC 100 yd range. No sandbag or bipod.
    Took me several shots to get on steel silhouette. I didn't bring binoculars so I still need to fine tune. Red dot dot is one MOA and at 100yds my eyes were hard pressed to find the target.
    Once dialed in I put the dot in the lower left corner. Not a precise target by any stretch but I was consistent. As long as I didn't rush, everything went in a 3inch circle. Pretty sure with a scope I'd be in 1.5-2inch circle. I put 160 rounds thru it. No regrets on the purchase. Bought in PA, they paid sales tax, I paid $10 shipping, and transfer fee.
    Love the feel of it. Well balanced. Trigger... not so much. I'm going to look for tuning tips or a replacement.
    One thing I find annoying: The nice injection-molded case it comes in accommodates the 16in barrel, but not the 20in. So a regular rifle case it is.

Last edited:

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    had my MDR in 223 out today. had it on a sand bag as I wanted to see if my zeroing needed any touch up .( when I was siteing it in the first time, I never finished because rain had moved in). was ringing steel 18 inch plates at 300 yard , 400 yards , then 450 yards. had a decent cross breeze. was shooting 55 grain wolf brass. we had small tanerite targets about the diameter of a coke can ish. ( but about 2 1/2 times the height) took 2 out at 300 yard and 2 out at 400 yards. I have to say the gun has really impressed me !! next will be trying it silenced and see how it does! :-)

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Shot the MDRX 308 20” at Myrtle grove today. Only confirmed zero.

After about 20 rounds, I let my range buddies shoot it. Most shot it just to get a feel for the rifle.

At 50 yards. A 20 round mag, one hole the size of a dime. I didn’t shoot much after that. It was like 110 degrees at the range.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I have to take my 308 out again. the first time I shot it I wasn't impressed with its accuracy. but I will say I didn't have any failures of any kind. so perhaps different ammo next go around will net me better results?

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Any interest in creating an MDRx group here? Or maybe a Bullpup group?

bulpup would be cool. I imagine most of it would be filled with tavar posts. I have a decent collection of bulpups including a rare 1 ( MSAR as a factory gun in 7.62x39 1 of 5 MSAR said they sold as complete rifles from the factory, and it also came with both a left and right handed bolt. they said its the only left handed 7.62x39 gun ) I did pick up a 2nd MDR in 223 a few weeks back.

TrueCalamity

Jun 27, 2015
    St.Marys
    Going to revive a dead thread for a question...

So, I want to get a .308 MDRX with the 16in barrel but that's under MD's 29 in rule as it comes in at 27.2? So say I wanted it pinned and welded what would I need to do in order to make this happen? Do I have it FFL shipped right to a shop that does it? Do I send it to a shop of my Choice and bring it some place that can do it?

I don't really want the 20in barrel if I can avoid it as it kinda defeats its original built idea.

sar82007

Apr 6, 2013
    People's Republic of MD
    And what about the "happy switch"?
    ok fed.

On a serious note has anyone experienced an increase in recoil with their MDRX? Mine used to shoot just fine then one day the recoil impulse turned into a 12ga buckshot/slug recoil. Also mine seems to be dependent on the Pmags with the red follower. It jams on the last few rounds with the green follower. The jams dent up the rounds so badly they look unsafe to shoot. Not to mention the amount of brass that gets shaved off.

Attachments

• photo_2023-02-05_21-26-51.jpg
      photo_2023-02-05_21-26-51.jpg
      150.2 KB · Views: 45
    Last edited:

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    have you cleaned your gas system? I know there gas system if it gets clogged will cause the gun to recoil harder. also reach out to them , perhaps something else is going on?
    I have had zero mag issues. none of my guns are the X models.

sar82007

Apr 6, 2013
    People's Republic of MD
    have you cleaned your gas system? I know there gas system if it gets clogged will cause the gun to recoil harder. also reach out to them , perhaps something else is going on?
    I have had zero mag issues. none of my guns are the X models.
    I just gave it a good coating of cleaner. Although I can't see how this much fouling could happen so soon. I have just about 400rds through it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom