• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Revenue generation.. right... cops get a check cut end of shift based on tickets written... best kept secret.

Ford Super Duty.... commercial vehicle emforcement... DOT inspectors... a lot of businesses out there running trucks that qualify as commercial but are not licensed, registered, insured as such. The trucks, landscapers especially need ti be mindful, are typically trailering a two axle unit hauling a few 60 inch mowers or a mini x or a bobcat. Overweight is just the start...

Commercial stuff is what lead to some of the heat on historic tags. A single axle dump running historic tags.... hauling a load. That dog won't hunt.

Hey FOX...can you get us some of that commission too???? I need more guns. :party29:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Not sure what these dreaded cameras are. Yes, similar to VASCAR.

SPEED = DISTANCE / TIME

Do you know for a fact that they are issuing tickets on the ICC using the toll cameras? I've never heard of them doing that there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hiddentrixx

Sep 17, 2017
    Montgomery County
    I'm sure you are joking with the departmental assignment days.....you understand that doesn't really happen right.....it's up to the individual officer what he does....

I was joking but semi serious.... I'm a field technician I'm on 200 and 95 all day long and it sometimes seems that way that certain days you see one department all day rather than the other...

Hiddentrixx

Sep 17, 2017
    Montgomery County
    PG is not to patrol or even use the ICC. Your story and its details are suspect.

There really is no need for patrol as the whole thing is automated. They ain't just taking your EZPass money but your time stamped pictures and more.

You can call it suspect all you want. I'm telling you I'm on ICC EVERYDAY... 4 TO 6 times a day. (I'm a field technician)
    When you pass 95 and come over the hill PG County police all day long

If I could take pictures to show you I would... And I see undercover I'm on it as early as 6am and as late as 7pm...

Again I've seen state troopers, MA, moco and PG.

zoopal

Jun 13, 2013
    Revenue generation.. right... cops get a check cut end of shift based on tickets written... best kept secret.

Ford Super Duty.... commercial vehicle emforcement... DOT inspectors... a lot of businesses out there running trucks that qualify as commercial but are not licensed, registered, insured as such. The trucks, landscapers especially need ti be mindful, are typically trailering a two axle unit hauling a few 60 inch mowers or a mini x or a bobcat. Overweight is just the start...

Commercial stuff is what lead to some of the heat on historic tags. A single axle dump running historic tags.... hauling a load. That dog won't hunt.

"Cops get a check cut end of shift based on tickets written ?" Where did you get this info from? China or North Korea? I don't think it happened here in the US. Whenever you see more Cops from many jurisdictions on ICC, that means some VIP are travelling through.:sad20:

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    I believe your sarcasm detector needs tweaking.

Ya, some real turkeys here.

Policy prohibits PG from using ICC in county cars. There are no calls for service the department would tend to there. To say PGPD is there as you suggest, even with an idea there is probably that one guy who still uses it for whatever reason, is absolutely baseless.

And you see undercover? And you then know it is a particular agency how?

Brand new to the forum, stirring shit and begging for posts. I'd pay for a membership to screen it out.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I thought MDTA use to keep one car assigned to the ICC as a regular post during the day. Not sure if they still do. I would guess when staffing is short, which is most days in most departments, that is one of the first posts to be left unfilled.

kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    I wish folks on the ICC would just adhere to autobahn etiquette. Stay to the right and not slow roll down the middle lane.

StickShaker

Mar 3, 2016
    Montgomery
    If you had no transponder, they tack on an admin fee to the toll charge.

True for all other toll routes except the ICC if you are registered for a transponder. I got a letter the other day saying my transponder wasn't working. I checked my account and sure enough for about a month my home trip wasn't being picked up but the morning trip was being picked up solid. I also noticed about a week of the most current home trips were being recorded again. Obviously their sensor in the lane I use was defective and it was finally repaired. Stupid computer generated letters and good luck getting a refund if they had charged an administrative fee. :mad54:

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    I used to use the ICC about twice a week, though only once a month now. I have never, ever seen a marked police car on it. Maybe I have incredible timing, who knows? I've only seen service pickup trucks on the side, which I assume are techs doing maintenance to the towers or sensors.
    I did have EZPass bill me for getting off at 355 instead of at 270.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Very different experience for me. I have seen an MTA cop or a MC Co cruiser almost every tie I use it. I understand many Mc Co cruisers use it just for a shortcut while on patrol.

Buckeye_Nut

Jun 15, 2017
    Waldorf
    IA couple of months ago I took the ICC for the first time. I sure didn't see any law enforcement. It was the freaking Wild West. Lots of excessive speeding and outright reckless driving. A guy swerved around me and missed me by like 6 inches. This was on a weekday morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom