• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ranger Tom

Jan 28, 2013
    Woodsboro MD
    Heres an idea. Frederick, Washington, Allegheny, and Garrett counties go to WV. Cecil county on south goes to DE.

That would present two fine options for us sane people that may need a new home.

Will never happen obviously, because liberals simply aren't happy unless they can make OUR lives miserable. But, fun to think about nonetheless.

I agree with this :goodpost:

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    You will never succeed unless you try.

My email to all the Commissioners listed.

SUBJ: Western Maryland values are no longer shared by Annapolis

Dear Commissioners:

It is clear from recent events (gas tax, gun control, etc) that the values of Western Maryland are no longer shared by those in power in Annapolis. Too long has the rural areas of our State been dominated by those in the legislature who come from Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Prince Georges and Montgomery Counties. They do not represent us or our way of life and only see us as a source of revenue.

As an example, I cite Chairman Vallario's blatant vote fixing during the hearing on SB281. There is no representation of the people here, only O'Malley's agenda and it is disgusting and shameful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xge78...ature=youtu.be

I ask you to please consider breaking away from Annapolis to form our own state or merge with West Virginia, Virginia or Pennsylvania. I know what I suggest is extreme and fraught with many obstacles, but I firmly believe we will never be fairly and honestly treated in Annapolis so long as we remain part of the State of Maryland. It will be a long and tough road, but it is one we must travel.

It is said the journey of a 1000 miles begins with one step. I ask you to please take the first step and at least consider my words.

Thank you for your time,

BBM

I like this verbiage. hey Eastern Shore guys and gals, what do you think? You could do it to. (Pleeaaase!! I want a truly free state near my beloved bay to move to until I retire and go to NC).... ....Heck, I might even retire to the shore if we pull this off...
    :party29:

BigBossMan

Mar 7, 2013
    Washington County
    I like this verbiage. hey Eastern Shore guys and gals, what do you think? You could do it to. (Pleeaaase!! I want a truly free state near my beloved bay to move to until I retire and go to NC).... ....Heck, I might even retire to the shore if we pull this off...
    :party29:

I tried to sound as rational as possible. Angry, Grandpa Simpson letters tend to be ignored rather quickly. :)

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    Hey, don't forget about your friends in Carroll County because we have NO love for the Urban & Annapolis Assclowns.

Truly, I'm not sure what you suggest is feasible or would make a difference. Look from where our haughty democrap masters assail us- CA, NY, D.C., Sinnapolis...they are not interested in subjugating only the simpletons in their voting districts- they are exporting their treasonous agendas beyond their legal reach or jurisdiction to rural America. They know damned well gun bans don't work but what they seek is control of YOU, not just your guns. Save your Confederate money, boys, 'cause round one was no more about freeing slaves than round two will be about protecting children from "gun violence".

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    GARRETT COUNTY RESIDENTS:
    Start a serious petition to join WV. Like an actual paper signature petition. Get every local's signature that you can. Also contact the WV gov't and see if they'll have you. If you can get at least 50% of the county's residents and a statement from WV saying they'll have you; that should send a message in Annapolis.

I wish I lived out there with you guys. I'd be out in the streets starting this thing myself.

tumblr_lka9rhi8aT1qadbq2o1_400.gif

musketbal

Mar 26, 2013
    Somerset Co., Crisfield
    I did a little research and found that the Eastern Shore of Maryland has attempted to form it's own State in 1833-1835, 1852, early 70s and again in 1998. I remember Governor Schafier refering to the Eastern Shore as the outhouse of Maryland.
    I thought you might enjoy this article http://delegatemike.com/?p=2102
    I hope this will cause some to learn more about the secession movements in our State's history.
    Brent C

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    Hey, don't forget about your friends in Carroll County because we have NO love for the Urban & Annapolis Assclowns.

Go Carroll! Then I will be able to move 8 miles to leave Maryland and stay close to my kids on the other side of Baltimore County!

ar450

Feb 6, 2013
    Garrett County
    I can not see maryland letting this happen just because of the tax money etc. that Deep Creek Lake brings in. I would love to see this happen though!

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I did a little research and found that the Eastern Shore of Maryland has attempted to form it's own State in 1833-1835, 1852, early 70s and again in 1998. I remember Governor Schafier refering to the Eastern Shore as the outhouse of Maryland.
    I thought you might enjoy this article http://delegatemike.com/?p=2102
    I hope this will cause some to learn more about the secession movements in our State's history.
    Brent C

I saw a comment from Mike McDermott on his FB page this morning about secession being discussed on the Eastern shore again. I'd move there if they could pull it off.. Its 5 minutes from me :D

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I can not see maryland letting this happen just because of the tax money etc. that Deep Creek Lake brings in. I would love to see this happen though!

Imagine what they would lose if they lost Ocean City.

I saw a comment from Mike McDermott on his FB page this morning about secession being discussed on the Eastern shore again. I'd move there if they could pull it off.. Its 5 minutes from me :D

I could deal with commuting from Kent Island or Grasonville for 12 years until I retire!

I like the gerrymandering angle. I need to get off my a$$ and start writing eastern shore legislators...

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Im all for it...I've been preaching this to anyone who will listen. I'm originally from WV...lived in this God forsaken communist state 11months too long. And those of you who make fun of WV and not wanting to be part of them (even if it is all in fun)...they can walk in and purchase one or more handguns and/or an AR or AK along with standard capacity magazines of whatever size and take them home THAT day AND they can get concealed carry permits...all the while those in MD wait one, two maybe more months to receive ONE handgun or AR, about to be stuck with "neutered" magazines, and a concealed carry permit is a dream. Who's laughing now? WV your son is comin home!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom