• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I found this picture on IG this morning and I have to admit this one has me scratching my head.

Supposadly its made by Norinco, chambered in 7.62x39 and takes AK mags. I’ve never seen a “Garand” like this.

What is it?

Attachments

• 36FC5DC5-B6DC-43BD-BD10-75C47B4C275E.jpg
      36FC5DC5-B6DC-43BD-BD10-75C47B4C275E.jpg
      114 KB · Views: 626

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    M1-A SOCOM.

Edit: "Made by Norinco." That makes it a ChiCom clone of an M1-A SOCOM (M14). The magazine makes it look like it might be chambered for 7.62x39. Very odd.

Edit Edit

If Inigoes had bothered to post more than a drive by link, he could have told us:

Norinco M14 / M305-A - 7.62x39 18.6" Barrel (Non Restricted)
    s33923_926a85b8-2e18-4c78-a0b2-f6627d1c7249_large
    BRAND: Norinco - Cost Effective Firearms
    SKU: NS-NO-M14-76239
    SALE PRICE: $641.07 each
    192 items in stock

Regular Price: 856.70

Norinco M305-A

If you like the M14 platform, but want to be able to shoot a lot and not break the bank this one is the answer you've been waiting for!

This variant of the M305 is chambered in 7.62x39, features an 18.6" barrel and comes with two magazines, sling, and manual.

A budget friendly 7.62x39 non-restricted semi-auto rifle suitable for hunting & target shooting. This new variant of the M305 / M14 series rifles has been chambered down for the shorter 7.62x39 caliber, and uses standard AK47 series magazines. Combining low-recoil with excellent functionality, this no-nonsense rifle is a great addition to any collection, or a solid start to any new collection.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Awesome! I’d be willing to bet we cant have them in MD :(

Don't be so sure, the polytechnic M14 is MD legal, because the internal parts are not interchangeable with the M1A.

If the M305A has metric parts too, then yes, it would be MD legal also.

Importing the rifle into the USA will be a bigger issue.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Put one in the shopping cart and proceeded to check out. Free shipping to USA, disclaimer says not responsible for customs and duty fees.
    Lockhart Tactical shall not be held responsible for delays in product arrival due to importing and customs delays or rejections on the receiver's end. If for any reason customs will not allow an item of any nature to pass into the receiver's country, Lockhart Tactical shall not be forced under any condition to purchase back the items or reimburse any fees incurred. Lockhart Tactical shall not be held responsible for paying any DUTY and or TAXES on products being imported into the receiver's country.

Robert2888

Nov 5, 2013
    Westmoreland,VA
    I talked to a importer a few months ago about getting a type 81 in the country from Canada since they are legal there. I was told norinco along with almost all Chinese small arms and ammo are banned from import, it would have to be in a 3rd party country for 20 years then it could be possible to bring in depending of the configuration and if it has a sporting use or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom