• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    It's hard to tax the internet.

It may not be popular to say, but the more embrazined they get the better chance we will have at preserving our rights. Our futures will be decided in the courts, and thanks to Trump, I like the odds. I just hope it moves fast enough to prevent the almost inevitable next Civil War.

Rob00taws6

Apr 4, 2013
    If I’m not mistaken. I think you need a permit to buy ammo in Connecticut, or certificate. Wonder how that would impact internet sales? Would not surprise me if Connecticut residents couldn’t buy ammo over the internet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    The article says the tax rate on ammo will be increased BY 50%, not increased TO 50%.

A quick check shows the CT sales tax rate is 6.35%. A 50% increase in the sale tax rate, for ammo, would increase the tax to 9.525%.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    If I’m not mistaken. I think you need a permit to buy ammo in Connecticut, or certificate. Wonder how that would impact internet sales? Would not surprise me if Connecticut residents couldn’t buy ammo over the internet.

We need an ammunition permit, long gun or pistol eligibility permit, or permit to carry pistols or revolvers to buy ammo. Ammo shipped into the state from online vendors is the same. They ask for a copy before fulfilling an order.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    The article says the tax rate on ammo will be increased BY 50%, not increased TO 50%.

A quick check shows the CT sales tax rate is 6.35%. A 50% increase in the sale tax rate, for ammo, would increase the tax to 9.525%.

"Currently, ammunition is taxed at the same rate as other products, but we want to increase it by 50 percent, because we see it as a prevention measure," Gilchrest says in the video. "For example, if someone were to buy a 50 cartridge box of ammunition, which goes for about $10, it would increase the price to $15."

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    "Currently, ammunition is taxed at the same rate as other products, but we want to increase it by 50 percent, because we see it as a prevention measure," Gilchrest says in the video. "For example, if someone were to buy a 50 cartridge box of ammunition, which goes for about $10, it would increase the price to $15."

Clearly, America is producing idiots at an astounding rate.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Hmm does that person have stock in any ammo companies??? Mabe they need a new car or vacation home, so in order to get the $$$ to pay for it, have stock in ammo companies and tax the heck out of it then sit back and watch the run on ammo while stock prices go up

dgapilot

May 13, 2013
    Frederick County
    So, tell me how this is different from a poll tax? The express purpose is to dissuade persons from exercising a right. Can’t see that holding Constitutional muster.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    So, tell me how this is different from a poll tax? The express purpose is to dissuade persons from exercising a right. Can’t see that holding Constitutional muster.

It's no different from my point of view. However, all this idiot has to do is get this passed. Then someone with deep pockets has to sue and wind their way through the courts. Most likely all the way to the SCOTUS as I'm sure it'll be upheld all the way. So, maybe a decade later it gets overturned after spending hundreds of thousands of dollars and all the while the idiots are passing other unconstitutional infringements that have to be fought. Since there is no right to a speedy trial when it's not a criminal offense, it's an uphill battle that can't be won. They will pass more than we can ever get overturned just due to the lengths of time it takes to get through court. Of course, if it were to get overturned, the dims will just spend our money appealing to higher court. If the courts did their jobs the hill to climb will be shorter but still way too tall overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom