• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan_G

Feb 20, 2013
    Frederick ,MD
    I folded a flat at one of the build parties in Sept 2013 and didnt acquire a parts kit until yesterday at Nations. Right now I believe all I need to buy is a barrel. I have no tools, but does anyone want to get together sometime in March and finish their ak's? Mine is an AK74 akbuilder folded receiver and a what looks like unfired Bulgarian AK74 parts kit from James River Armory.
    The parts I have are
    Ak74 Receiver, not heat treated yet
    Ak74 Parts Kit, demilled
    Rivet kit

What I think I need
    Barrel
    922 (r) parts

Dan_G

Feb 20, 2013
    Frederick ,MD
    I just ordered everything I needed to finish my build.
    Also I live in a small town house so I am basically asking for somebody to host the build and supply the tools. I have a dremel, hand tools, propane torch, and a Lincoln Welder thats currently set up for flux cored wire but can be mig.

Dan_G

Feb 20, 2013
    Frederick ,MD
    Interesting. From what I quickly read it seems that as stated above you cannot rent equipment and cannot be a business. It should be perfectly fine for individuals to get together and use each other's tool so long as nobody is being compensated.

Striknine

Jan 19, 2013
    I'm down for a party. Looking for a decent kit at the moment. Also need to blast and park my Hungarian.

Dan_G

Feb 20, 2013
    Frederick ,MD
    The kits that James River Armory had were mostly very nice. I dont think they sold any besides mine. I looked through all their ak74 kits as best I could and think I got the best one. I would say 3 others were in similar condition to mine. One had very little blue so I barely looked at it. My kit was $250 and they also had Ak47 kits for the same price.

Striknine

Jan 19, 2013
    The kits that James River Armory had were mostly very nice. I dont think they sold any besides mine. I looked through all their ak74 kits as best I could and think I got the best one. I would say 3 others were in similar condition to mine. One had very little blue so I barely looked at it. My kit was $250 and they also had Ak47 kits for the same price.

Where can I find their kits for sale? Looking at their website, they only offer complete rifles. At the moment I think I may be headed down the pistol path.

foodpoison

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    the Dena
    I got everything except rivet jigs, if you want you could weld rails,drill holes at my place though urbana and pasadena aren't right next to each other.

Dan_G

Feb 20, 2013
    Frederick ,MD
    Thanks, I have my rails welded already from the last party. I dont mind long drives. I'll have to see if I can borrow a rivet jig from anyone.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    I hosted three build parties in 2014 and would be willing to host more but not until warmer weather arrives since my garage is not heated. If you guys are willing to travel down to Southern Maryland post your response here. If there is enough feedback I will start a Southern Maryland AK Build Party - Part 4 thread.

Does that sound good to you guys?

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    I have a receiver that's bent and has holes drilled, but no welded rails. Is that still legal to finish?

I assume flats are now illegal?

It is perfectly fine to finish your AK receiver.

Flats are not illegal. I know of one FFL that will transfer AK Flats as long as you are building an AK pistol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom