• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ctb766

Apr 8, 2014
    Looking to get a basic shed installed. Something small, around 6x8 or so with double doors to store lawn mower and lawn care crap. Looking for wood, not metal.

Anyone have an idea, or is Home Depot going to be my best bet? Also saw some things on Twin Locust Barns that could be affordable.

Also, any idea if I have to prep the area, either with a slab or with gravel etc? It's going on grass in my flat back yard.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    No matter how big a shed you get, it'll end up being too small.
    Check the county zoning laws to see how big you can go before you need a permit. (I think Harford county is 100 sq ft before you need a permit)

rickinboots

TEAM GET' UM
    Jun 12, 2011
    Pasadena
    Check home depot or lowes. I bought a composite shed from them 3 years ago and have had no issues with it. Easy to put together.

ctb766

Apr 8, 2014
    I like the look of the amish built, Twin Locust Barns sells some nice ones and they have a show lot close to me. I will have to re-meausure, maybe I can find a 10x8 or 10x6, but I don't want to eat up too much yard space. I'm finishing my basement which is why I'm loosing all my storage space in the house. And the garage is pretty full already.

I've got a wife that thinks we can cram everything into a 6x3.5' plastic tool shed. :lol2:

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    Looking to get a basic shed installed. Something small, around 6x8 or so with double doors to store lawn mower and lawn care crap. Looking for wood, not metal.

Anyone have an idea, or is Home Depot going to be my best bet? Also saw some things on Twin Locust Barns that could be affordable.

Also, any idea if I have to prep the area, either with a slab or with gravel etc? It's going on grass in my flat back yard.

I used Home Depot for a 4x12 drop-in (no slab) garden shed and they were a pain. Their shed sales division and their product/delivery division do not know how to talk to one another. The sales division will tell you something is/isn't possible and they will be contradicted by their product/delivery division. And vice/versa.

We finally got the details ironed out and had a firm delivery date where me and my wife took the day off and they didn't show up, no call no nothing. We were ROYALLY pissed.

The shed itself and the guys that came out to install it, once they showed up, were both great.

Last edited:

olebess

Jan 11, 2011
    MontCo
    I got one from Sheds Unlimited. They delivered from Amish country. It was nicer looking, better built, and cheaper than anything I found at Home Depot and. Lowes.

Also, I concur with gettin the shed bigger than what you think you'll need. I wish I had done that. Good luck.

bigslimdog

Mar 17, 2013
    Harford Co.
    I got one from Sheds Unlimited. They delivered from Amish country. It was nicer looking, better built, and cheaper than anything I found at Home Depot and. Lowes.

Also, I concur with gettin the shed bigger than what you think you'll need. I wish I had done that. Good luck.

I second sheds unlimited. I had them build me a custom 8x18 shed for cheaper than anything I could have bought locally, even considering the delivery charge. They schedule your delivery when they have other sheds to deliver in the area to save on fuel costs and delivery charges. I've had the shed for 2 years now and it looks brand new, great craftsmanship. They even installed it in a really tight space on a hill where I installed a pad. The base prices are listed right on their website.

http://www.shedsunlimited.net/vinyl-siding-storage-sheds-classic.html

I recommend getting one with a high roof with room to build a loft. I store extra lumber and longer things up there. And like previously mentioned, I would go with the largest shed possible without needing a permit. You will find a need for the extra space.

Dal1as

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2009
    I also reccomend sheds unlimited. Great work and very nice people. I even went up and visited their place.

I have a 12x24 shed from them that I've had for years and it is still in great condition. Starting to get a little small though. :lol2:

chale127

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brooklyn, MD
    Got this in an email today. http://www.samsclub.com/sams/8-x-10...ip?sprodId=147388&pid=EMCR_3_1&rid=1234607326
    Agree with the others. Get as big as you can. I don't necessarily recommend plastic, but I just thought I would pass it along as a point of reference.

While i recommend Vinyl, i have that exact Lifetime shed and it's a POS, the corners are a folded piece and the sun has dried out and split along the stress area where it was folded...all four corners are trying to come apart

I just picked up a Royal Products vinyl shed used from another forum member who moved and i can say if you run across one GET ONE, unfortunately they no longer make them but they are hands down the best vinyl sheds out there, I put one up over 20yrs ago at my uncles while i was on summer Vaca in HS and it still looks like the day i put it up, we put another up at my grandmothers 10 yrs ago and it is still like new

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom