• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    What is the use of having a 2A, if it will not be used when the government comes knockin on your door to confiscate your firearms?

The sad part, Connecticut State Police said they would do so.

The brass says they would. I wonder how the troopers feel knowing they are being asked to play the proverbial "jack booted thug" who will be asked to storm the homes of their friends and neighbors. The crime? Exercising a Constitutional Right. In the process, they may be required to kill some of these folks. People who were never a danger to others. They may also be killed themselves. One hell of a decision to have to make.

Mr H

Banana'd
    The brass says they would. I wonder how the troopers feel knowing they are being asked to play the proverbial "jack booted thug" who will be asked to storm the homes of their friends and neighbors. The crime? Exercising a Constitutional Right. In the process, they may be required to kill some of these folks. People who were never a danger to others. They may also be killed themselves. One hell of a decision to have to make.

Just asked all that of the folks at CTGunTalk

Will post any answer I get

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA

I wonder if the brass is willing to be the first through the door?

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    History WILL repeat itself ...

Battle at Concord's North Bridge

The Minutemen advanced down the hill under orders to fire only if fired upon. The British force holding the bridge retreated across the bridge. A redcoat officer began to remove planks from the bridge in order to slow the Americans' advance, which only angered the Minutemen.

When the two forces were only about 50 yards (46 meters) apart, a shot rang out—most probably from an exhausted, inexperienced, frightened British soldier. Hearing it, other British soldiers began to fire as well, and the Minutemen responded.

The battle lasted only a few minutes, but when the musket smoke cleared, half of the British officers were wounded, and a dozen of their troops were dead or wounded. They fled toward the town seeking reinforcements

The shot heard 'round the world was fired from the Minutemen's muskets at Concord North Bridge, where this band of farmers held off professional soldiers. But this first victorious battle of the American revolution was actually won by the American militias as the British retreated toward Boston. Sniping from behind trees and stone walls along the road back to Boston, Minutemen brought the British casualty count up to 200, a grievous and embarrassing loss for the powerful, well-equipped forces of the Crown.

News of the events in Lexington and Concord spread like wildfire through the British colonies in America, forcing every American to choose sides: would one be loyal to the Crown, or committed to the revolutionary cause? There was no middle ground.

The Battle of Concord is re-enacted annually on Patriots' Day ... This year it falls on April 21st.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

They rarely are.

I appreciate the comparison to Lexington and Concord. There are differences. The first, and most glaring is that the soldiers in question were loyal to the British Crown. CT State Troopers are Americans and should be loyal to the People and the Constitution.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    They rarely are.

I appreciate the comparison to Lexington and Concord. There are differences. The first, and most glaring is that the soldiers in question were loyal to the British Crown. CT State Troopers are Americans and should be loyal to the People and the Constitution.

I also appreciate the difference and PRAY that you are right, but please note what I bolded. The 'first shot' will be the trigger as it was back then, and if you think that news spread rapidly through the British colonies in 1775 ... :innocent0

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I also appreciate the difference and PRAY that you are right, but please note what I bolded. The 'first shot' will be the trigger as it was back then, and if you think that news spread rapidly through the British colonies in 1775 ... :innocent0

I pray for the same thing. I agree with you on the rest. If there is a first shot fired, things have the potential to rapidly decompensate. Twitter makes that shot be heard around the world much more quickly than anything they had in the 18th century. This is the last thing I want to see in my lifetime. I hope the legislators of CT and elsewhere wake up.

Mr H

Banana'd
    A LEO in CT, in talking with both state and fed, agrees the following is a likely first step:

Lately all I've been hearing in gun shops(and online too) are these masturbatory fantasies on how the government is gonna cross that line, how you and all the other gun owners are going to be forced to finally rise up and defend the constitution. I could see them sending a trooper to ask for your rifle if you're one of those unfortunate 106 or so, though I'd be amazed if they'd even have a warrant if you just said "huh, what rifle?". Other than that, pretty much expect it to go just like the old one. While investigating you for another crime, they find an AK with a folding stock in your closet and tack it on to the possession/distribution charges. Or you get a little drunk with your AR in the trunk, they stop you, you give them consent to search and they find it, tacking it on again. Even if the state had accurate information, funding, enough personnel, and a guaranteed docile population, confiscating guns from otherwise law abiding citizens, guns not being used in crimes or found next to your shoeboxes full of coke n cash, has got to be a pretty low priority.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

We have better trigger discipline :) And much more sense.

Most of us and most of them too.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Sadly, I think we could also see the emergence of a "snitch" phenomenon in Connecticut in the form of vindictive ex-wives-to-be, or a falling-out among friends, or co-workers sandbagging a rival-- even bad cops dropping a dime on Oathkeeper cops, etc.

It could be a very corrosive environment, to say the least.

Evil Twin

Jun 13, 2009
    Interesting read indeed. Resolute and diplomatic all at the same time. It's great to see leaders like him that can point people on both sides of the issue in the right direction. Hopefully, both sides heed his advice.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    A LEO in CT, in talking with both state and fed, agrees the following is a likely first step:

Lately all I've been hearing in gun shops(and online too) are these masturbatory fantasies on how the government is gonna cross that line, how you and all the other gun owners are going to be forced to finally rise up and defend the constitution. I could see them sending a trooper to ask for your rifle if you're one of those unfortunate 106 or so, though I'd be amazed if they'd even have a warrant if you just said "huh, what rifle?". Other than that, pretty much expect it to go just like the old one. While investigating you for another crime, they find an AK with a folding stock in your closet and tack it on to the possession/distribution charges. Or you get a little drunk with your AR in the trunk, they stop you, you give them consent to search and they find it, tacking it on again. Even if the state had accurate information, funding, enough personnel, and a guaranteed docile population, confiscating guns from otherwise law abiding citizens, guns not being used in crimes or found next to your shoeboxes full of coke n cash, has got to be a pretty low priority.

'Likely' ... I would agree to a certain extent, but the Redcoats thought it 'likely' that the townspeople of Lexington and Concord would 'likely' surrender their arms. All it took was a "exhausted, inexperienced, frightened British soldier" to trigger a response. As teratos has noted, it could devolve from there. And, given a comment from a Branford, Connecticut police officer, I wonder which side the cooler heads are on.

D.C.Clothesline.com weights in ...
    CT Cop to Gun Owning Patriot: “I Cannot Wait to Get the Order to Kick Your Door In”

Sounds like some politicos in CT have ZERO knowledge of history OR The Constitution. Not that CT politicos have an 'edge' over MD, NY, CA, or CO either ... :innocent0

Cinque was explaining last year’s account to Viconti. Specifically he referenced a phone conversation with Connecticut State Representative David Yaccarino. In that questioning, Cinque said that the thing that really stuck with him was the fact that when he asked Yaccarino why there was a Second Amendment, he responded that it was put in place so that the Colonists could attack the British. No, seriously, that is what was said. Never mind that the Second Amendment was written long after the Revolutionary War.

Attachments

• MV5BMTMyODY5ODAxMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTAzNjkzNQ@@._V1_SY317_CR5,0,214,317_.jpg
      MV5BMTMyODY5ODAxMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTAzNjkzNQ@@._V1_SY317_CR5,0,214,317_.jpg
      12.2 KB · Views: 230

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom