• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrazyIrishman

Feb 11, 2006
    Hey guys,

I currently live in Glen Burnie and I grew up in Pasadena. My first experience with firearms was when I was almost 11 yr old. It was at this time I won the first prize in a raffle ;first prize just happened to be a Remington Nylon 66!

After being "bit" by the "bug" early on the rest is now history. I have one son, who at 24 is an avid sportsman and hunter(deer,squirrel, upland game)not to mention an excellent shot. He lives in North Carolina.

Well, thats about it in a nutshell! I look forward to being here at MSF! BTW,I heard about MSF on "The High Road".

CI

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    CrazyIrishman said:
    Hey guys,

I currently live in Glen Burnie and I grew up in Pasadena. My first experience with firearms was when I was almost 11 yr old. It was at this time I won the first prize in a raffle ;first prize just happened to be a Remington Nylon 66!

After being "bit" by the "bug" early on the rest is now history. I have one son, who at 24 is an avid sportsman and hunter(deer,squirrel, upland game)not to mention an excellent shot. He lives in North Carolina.

Well, thats about it in a nutshell! I look forward to being here at MSF! BTW,I heard about MSF on "The High Road".

CI
    Welcome to the forum! :beer:

Ahh, the good old days, when a kid could win a gun in a raffle. If that happened in todays world it would lead to an emergency legislative session to pass a law prohibiting the trasfer of the gun to anyone not associated with law enforcement.

CrazyIrishman

Feb 11, 2006
    DD214 said:
    Welcome to the forum! :beer:

Ahh, the good old days, when a kid could win a gun in a raffle. If that happened in todays world it would lead to an emergency legislative session to pass a law prohibiting the trasfer of the gun to anyone not associated with law enforcement.

Ain't that the truth!! This took place about late 1968 (I'm experiencing CRS at the moment-LOL). At the time I was enrolled in a military school down in good 'ol Virginia(but lived in Md). In '72 I was in the Jr. NRA club at the school where I learned SAFETY, Marksmanship, and more SAFETY! The instructor (and school Commandant)was a retired career Marine,and former DI at Parris Island. IIRC, he enlisted shortly after WWII,fought in Korea, and early part of Viet Nam. He was a no nonsense,NO BS kind of person! Funny thing was,even though we were young'uns, the 8th graders(maybe the 7th too) were taught Military science & tactics!This included map reading and compass use(day 'n night)and fall/winter camping in all kinds of weather. Even had a club called "32 and below" during wintertime. If it dropped below 32 during a camping exercise you got a patch, afterwards you got a star to add if you already had the patch.

Boy,the memories........(sorry for the rant & being off topic)

Thanks for the welcome "DD" !

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I've tried to win guns in raffles. Seems all I ever win is the little piece of paper that says I paid $5 for a little piece of paper. :lol2:

Since my kids will never be able to win a rifle, I broke down and bough them a 10/22.

Although I'm quickly becoming attached to it :rolleyes:

CrazyIrishman

Feb 11, 2006
    Never had a 10/22 but I hear alot of good about them. It mostly has to do with their accuracy and reliability.

I tried other gun raffles over the years without any luck. A guy I knew in south Baltimore won gun raffles through the internet frequently. Never did find out his secret. When someone would ask, he would smile and say "guess I'm just real lucky ".

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom