• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Warhorse

Aug 20, 2008
    Centreville, MD
    I am having trouble locating a source for reloading powder on the Eastern Shore, at least within 50 miles of Centreville, MD. Specifically, I need Alliant 2400 at the moment.

The closest source that I know is at Bass Pro in Arundel Mills Mall, across the Bay Bridge and over 50 miles from where I live. Even so, it seems that they are out of the powder (whatever I need at the time) every time I manage to get there. :mad54:

Any suggestions? Dover, DE, or anything in that vicinity? I have tried Internet search and so far have inconclusive results.

Would this be better posted in the industry partners (or whatever it's called now) section? I am reluctant to double post.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    I was in Bass Pro today and noticed the price on 2400 was $22.00 per lb.
    Powder Valley sells it at $15.50 per lb.
    If you can't find any from an industry partner I would suggest ordering it from PV as even with the shipping and hazmat it's way cheaper than what you'd pay at BP not to mention the gas and time you'd save.
    Anglers carries some but when I was in there a month ago they wanted like $28-$29.00 per lb.
    I was sure to leave that powder right there with them so if you ever need a pound of powder that's WAY overpriced you know where to find one.

Warhorse

Aug 20, 2008
    Centreville, MD
    Success, sort of

I was in Bass Pro today and noticed the price on 2400 was $22.00 per lb.
    Powder Valley sells it at $15.50 per lb.
    If you can't find any from an industry partner I would suggest ordering it from PV as even with the shipping and hazmat it's way cheaper than what you'd pay at BP not to mention the gas and time you'd save.
    Anglers carries some but when I was in there a month ago they wanted like $28-$29.00 per lb.
    I was sure to leave that powder right there with them so if you ever need a pound of powder that's WAY overpriced you know where to find one.

Thanks for the info. I did some checking and, even including hazmat charge and shipping, Powder Valley still comes out WAY cheaper than even Bass Pro. What's more, it gets delivered to my doorstep and I don't have to take that trip to Bass Pro only to find that they are out of stock on what I want anyway. :D

Is Powder Valley an Industry Partner? I didn't find them in that part of the forum.

midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    Don't have any 2400 at the moment, but will be stocking it in the near future. I have other customers who have mentioned 2400, so I will be getting some on my next powder order.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Call every fun shop in the phone book. An the one shop right over the bridge next to Mc D's has powder. If near Salisbury, see Gander Mt and Littletons.

Fustercluck

Aug 4, 2008
    Eastern Shore
    Wink's in Princess Anne has never let me down for powder or primers. It's about 10m south of Salisbury, behind the McDonalds. Gary has a huge selection of rifle brass as well. They are good people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nestor875

Latest threads

Top Bottom