• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    While lurking for the past couple of years, I have noticed quite a few Original Posters who make a query on where to find something near them without stating or having in their personal info where THEY are located. :sad20:

If you want responses that are more pertinent to your query, give your location and avoid responses that are of little or no use to you without excessive travel. That is elementary my dear Watson! :innocent0

:) I can't remember how many times I have posted: Post your damned location! If someone is really that worried about their persec, they probably should just unplug their router.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I had my location put on a shirt. :lol2:

noplace.jpg

There's no place like local loopback?

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Good thread... those posts always crack me up. I usually assume it's just an oversight, but still fun to see who's first pointing out that only the police and military should have secret locations...

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    I think a lot of people may rightly be concerned about giving too much information away online and in fact, a lot of people on this site probably give too much away. However, it makes little sense when you want local information or you're trying to sell something face-to-face.

Right. But how easy is it going to be to track someone down by using a county or even a town name and K31 or Ab_Normal?

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    Drives me nuts also. I see people on here refer to York Road all the time and I know damn well its not the York Road my house is on. :lol2:

Same with FTF ads I post "FTF in Hagerstown" then I get the question were are you located or i live in Baltimore when is the next time you will be down this way? I want to say never if possible. :lol2:

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Sorry for being difficult, I should have called myself joppatownej. Won't let it happen again. ;)

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    Sorry for being difficult, I should have called myself joppatownej. Won't let it happen again. ;)

lol i know right? same could be said for Inigoes. How confusing! lol :rolleyes:

Whatever happened to user: baltimorebass? we were supposed to go shooting together once he got his AR put together.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    <<<<<<<<<<<I live in Funkstown, a pretty small town with no mail delivery. If you wait at the post office long enough, you will see me...........but you don't know what I look like, huh?

You the one with the Carhartt Overalls, John Deere hat and all your own teeth? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom