• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gorba

Deplorable Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 24, 2018
    Annapolis
    Hello to all. I’m the new kid on the block, a lifelong shooter who, for whatever indefensible reason, has never found it necessary to join with large firearms organizations, other than NRA. Now, however, with our 2nd Amendment rights being threatened from all directions, I’ve decided my best option is to affiliate with like minded persons and hopefully learn and contribute to developing the best path forward.

For background, I’m a former Navy fighter geek, followed by 29 years of cockpit service with TWA and then KLM. I didn’t learn much about firearms in the Navy, other than wing and nose mounted cannon, but initial training in gun safety began with my dad’s gift of a .22 rifle for my 12th birthday. Can you imagine a 12 yr old kid riding his bike, with rifle in sling over his shoulder, through the streets of Santa Barbara, CA, on his way to shoot gophers in Goleta, the present site of UCSB? It’s true. Try that one today. Handcuffs?

I hope to be able to both learn from and contribute to Maryland Shooters Forum. Certainly learning will take precedence in the early days but hopefully I can soon contribute some useful thoughts as we mutually fight off the forces who would disarm us entirely.

In closing, I would like to thank both Mr. Ed and Clandestine for introducing me to this forum. It’s my sincere pleasure to be affiliated with all of you.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Welcome aboard! Someone will come along pretty soon with links to all the good organizations that fight for our 2A rights here in MD, as well as nationally. Pretty sure you already belong to most of them, though. :D

Don't be bashful, and welcome to the forum! :thumbsup:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• msi_welcome.jpg
      msi_welcome.jpg
      30.2 KB · Views: 219

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    What in introduction!

Glad you joined Gorba.

It was a pleasure to meet you on Friday. If you ever need anything AR related give me a ring or email.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Here's a picture of Gorba doing his thing this morning at the range.

Attachments

• IMG_0178.jpg
      IMG_0178.jpg
      103.9 KB · Views: 115

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA

kaliroger

Jul 20, 2018
    Frederick County, MD
    Welcome!
    Yes, today if your 12 year old sets a foot out the door with a 22, you would end up in jail, and your 12 year would end up in a foster home.
    Your legal bills would bankrupt you, etc, etc....:(

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom