• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    well I did a stupid thing yesterday. bought some ammo at Walmart, did not double check all the boxes. he handed me 357 sig not 357 mag. I can't use them and ammo is not returnable.

If anyone can use a free box of 357 sig let me know, I am in Mt. Airy.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Damn. 3min too late.

I just picked up a Sig .357 conversion barrel for my G27.

Too bad SG’s a reloader, I can’t even beg for sloppy second’s.

Damn. 3min too late.

I just picked up a Sig .357 conversion barrel for my G27.

Too bad SG’s a reloader, I can’t even beg for sloppy second’s.

I hereby rescind my claim to ToolAA. .357 Sig virgins need to be coddled.
    I'm pretty sure Santa Wife got me a progressive press for Christmas. I have been doing a lot of research on loading .357 Sig and have determined a few things:
    1- Do not let lube get inside the case mouth. Better yet, size with a .40 carbide die and no lube prior to decapping and resizing with the Sig die and no lube.
    2- They can be loaded hot for about 18cpr.
    3- I found a place with once fired brass for $52/1000 delivered. Wanna split a thousand?

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I hereby rescind my claim to ToolAA. .357 Sig virgins need to be coddled.
    I'm pretty sure Santa Wife got me a progressive press for Christmas. I have been doing a lot of research on loading .357 Sig and have determined a few things:
    1- Do not let lube get inside the case mouth. Better yet, size with a .40 carbide die and no lube prior to decapping and resizing with the Sig die and no lube.
    2- They can be loaded hot for about 18cpr.
    3- I found a place with once fired brass for $52/1000 delivered. Wanna split a thousand?

Awful nice of you. Thanks. I will split the brass order. I’ve been researching reloading them as well and came up with similar recommendations.

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    Reloading .357 SIG isn't difficult at all. Biggest problem I ran into was most of my brass is Speer and the flash hole is smaller than normal which caused me to bend a couple of decapping pins. I eventually found some RCBS small diameter pins for my .40 S&W carbide sizing dies that worked. Currently I use the small diameter decapping rods in my Harvey deprimer. Once decapped and tumbled, I size with the .40 S&W carbide and then hand prime before storing. When I'm ready to reload, I pull the decapping pin from my non-carbide .357 SIG sizing die and essentially neck size the cases before dropping powder, seating and crimping the bullets. I've had great success getting good neck tension with the Montana Gold 125 gr bullets made for .357 SIG. Not the cheapest bullet available but they shoot nicely.

Nicest thing about .357 SIG pistols is the easy barrel swap to shoot .40 S&W. AR carbines chambered in both .357 SIG and .40 S&W utilizing Glock magazines is just one more way to have fun with pistol ammunition.

Be safe.

Reloading .357 SIG isn't difficult at all. Biggest problem I ran into was most of my brass is Speer and the flash hole is smaller than normal which caused me to bend a couple of decapping pins. I eventually found some RCBS small diameter pins for my .40 S&W carbide sizing dies that worked. Currently I use the small diameter decapping rods in my Harvey deprimer. Once decapped and tumbled, I size with the .40 S&W carbide and then hand prime before storing. When I'm ready to reload, I pull the decapping pin from my non-carbide .357 SIG sizing die and essentially neck size the cases before dropping powder, seating and crimping the bullets. I've had great success getting good neck tension with the Montana Gold 125 gr bullets made for .357 SIG. Not the cheapest bullet available but they shoot nicely.

Nicest thing about .357 SIG pistols is the easy barrel swap to shoot .40 S&W. AR carbines chambered in both .357 SIG and .40 S&W utilizing Glock magazines is just one more way to have fun with pistol ammunition.

Be safe.

WTF- A newbie posting helpful information? New members are supposed to post legally questionable things or something for the anti gun leftists to use against us.
    On a serious note- thanks for the info. I am about to get into loading .357 Sig.

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    Anti-gun leftists (redundant) don't need anything from us to use against us. They enjoy making up things regardless of how stupid those things are, and then they put them into laws.

If .357 SIG wasn't issued to me, I would have settled on 9mm and been done with pistol calibers a long time ago. Sadly, like most other reloaders, I collect brass regardless of the caliber. If I can't find people to give the brass that I didn't reload, I eventually buy a firearm chambered in that caliber and then dies and then I begin reloading that too. I just didn't believe the wise ones when they told me about this mental condition when I started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom