• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Well it’s seems it’s all but a done deal. Up to three EXCUSED absences per year. States it’s “designed to prepare students to become leaders”. WTF?

That may not turn out the type of "leaders" they expect. :D

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Is your school system one of those that have a directive that a student who does not do an assignment will get a 50% grade without doing any of the work?

I think the teacher's union should step up on this subject and forget about their SJW mentality and do what's best for the student. No attendance, you get a 0 for anything due that day.

Good luck with that. The teacher’s unions are just as much of a cancer on educating our children as most school boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    Dissolve the Department of Ed, cut all federal education funding. State public schools will either improve their work and keep their taxpayers around or have to fold and let someone who’s goal isn’t training America’s Next Brownshirts to take over.

Of course that’ll never happen. Better to train US version of the Red Guard using the tax dollars of the last remaining actual Americans to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    So what happens if there's a test or exam that day? What does the school system say about that? Will the kids be allowed to make up the test/exam or will they just give them a 50% grade for not doing anything, like other school systems? Mid terms and finals be damned, as long as it's teaching them to be leaders....

Yeah right.

50% is a failing grade. Or used to be. 60% was a D-. Have they let that slide, too?

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    That may not turn out the type of "leaders" they expect. :D

Yes, it will. It's MoCo.

Theyll start organizing events if there aren't enough of them. Che Day, Marx in the Parks, for starters.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    50% is a failing grade. Or used to be. 60% was a D-. Have they let that slide, too?

But that's just 1 grade within the quarter. Replace that 50% with a big fat 0 and see how hard it would be to dig out of that hole. Much easier to dig out from a 50% than a 0.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    But that's just 1 grade within the quarter. Replace that 50% with a big fat 0 and see how hard it would be to dig out of that hole. Much easier to dig out from a 50% than a 0.

But, but, but...that would be punishing the child! School is supposed to be for learning and preparing for the real world. I guess that’s what you call skipping for a protest of your choice, using the opposite sex bathroom, locker room. When I went to school in the 60’s-early 70’s we weren’t preparing for college. We were preparing for our future in the real world. Plenty of options from vo-tech and jr college. And the service of your choice! That’s the problem with being “old school”.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia

That started long ago.

Ive seen teacher send kids home with failed exams to correct at home for bonus credit... It looks bad to fail...

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Is your school system one of those that have a directive that a student who does not do an assignment will get a 50% grade without doing any of the work?

I think the teacher's union should step up on this subject and forget about their SJW mentality and do what's best for the student. No attendance, you get a 0 for anything due that day.

We currently still have zeroes for failure to do any work. 50% is the minimum grade when the teacher has determined that a "good faith effort" has been made.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    We currently still have zeroes for failure to do any work. 50% is the minimum grade when the teacher has determined that a "good faith effort" has been made.

Does that translate as "half-assed"?

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    There is a report coming out about the quality of the schools, called State Report Cards, that measure a school district’s success based on factors such as access to curriculum, absenteeism rates and standardized test scores. Based on those factors, the report assigns each school a rating ranging from one to five stars.
    The MCPS superintendent is already making excuses for the grade, which has yet to be released. He says it doesn't capture the "whole picture" of how MCPS is performing.

We are homeschooling our kids, in a church based co-op program. My kindergarten daughter is already reading above her grade level. No pedophiles are teaching or driving her around. No liberal indoctrination programs either. Though technically, the bathrooms are gender neutral... but the school is also heavily armed...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom