• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Perhaps the west coast isn’t as crazy as the MSM would have us believe.

1st paragraph:
    Voters in eight of 10 Oregon counties approved a local measure aimed at bolstering the gun rights of residents, delivering widespread victories to an effort championed by militia groups.
    The so-called “Second Amendment Preservation Ordinance” declares that those living in counties that approve it have the right to own semi-automatic weapons and high-capacity magazines, regardless of state or federal law. The measure appeared on the ballot in Baker, Columbia, Douglas, Jackson, Klamath, Lake, Lincoln, Linn, Umatilla and Union counties.

https://www.oregonlive.com/expo/news/erry-2018/11/adaf7667eb118/militia-groups-help-gun-rights.html

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Most of Oregon outside of Portland and imeadate vicinity are pretty conservative , with only occasional quirks .

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I wish they would have gone to Wasco County. Next to Wasco is Hood River and then Multnomah County which surrounds Portland and Wasco is 80 miles from their. I have an Aunt and Uncle that lives in Wasco which is right along the Columbia River. The local airport that serves The Dalles is in Washington State right across the river on US Route 197. Wasco right now is more inline with the conservative values of the eastern half of Oregon but little by little the liberals from Portland and up from CA are invading the city plus housing cost is beginning to show the invasion pricing as well. A 2two bedroom can run up to $1200 plus utilities. Granted Oregon has no state tax but they do tax you on everything else to make up for it.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I am hopeful since Hogan got re-elected ...And now he will any day pull out the big plan and disappointment to the anti's and the Milf's demand some action .

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    I wish they would have gone to Wasco County. Next to Wasco is Hood River and then Multnomah County which surrounds Portland and Wasco is 80 miles from their. I have an Aunt and Uncle that lives in Wasco which is right along the Columbia River. The local airport that serves The Dalles is in Washington State right across the river on US Route 197. Wasco right now is more inline with the conservative values of the eastern half of Oregon but little by little the liberals from Portland and up from CA are invading the city plus housing cost is beginning to show the invasion pricing as well. A 2two bedroom can run up to $1200 plus utilities. Granted Oregon has no state tax but they do tax you on everything else to make up for it.

The climate there is a big attraction for me, but the politics of the west coast is such a major f-bomb and at this point I could never retire there. This story gives me some scant hope, but I'm still not convinced.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    The climate there is a big attraction for me, but the politics of the west coast is such a major f-bomb and at this point I could never retire there. This story gives me some scant hope, but I'm still not convinced.

If I was in your place I would take a trip to Pendleton along I84 or La Grande in the eastern part of the state where just about all the people their have conservative values and not the liberal he!! hole of Portland area. The Umitilla Indian reservation is just outside of Pendleton as well plus Boise,ID which is 220 miles away and careful going over Cabbage Mt during the winter on I84 along the Or/ID boarder. Ask me how I know about black ice on that Mt during winter.. A lot of the land in the eastern part of Oregon is farmland and cattle operations. Man do cows stink! To make the road trip out their would take 5 days worth of driving time each way. Of course their is no state tax but they do tax you on almost everything else to make up for it. Also Oregon’s Willamette Valley, situated on the west side of the Cascade Mountains, is on the same latitude as France’s Burgundy region. So their you have it a little bit about the eastern part of Oregon.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    If I was in your place I would take a trip to Pendleton along I84 or La Grande in the eastern part of the state where just about all the people their have conservative values and not the liberal he!! hole of Portland area. The Umitilla Indian reservation is just outside of Pendleton as well plus Boise,ID which is 220 miles away and careful going over Cabbage Mt during the winter on I84 along the Or/ID boarder. Ask me how I know about black ice on that Mt during winter.. A lot of the land in the eastern part of Oregon is farmland and cattle operations. Man do cows stink! To make the road trip out their would take 5 days worth of driving time each way. Of course their is no state tax but they do tax you on almost everything else to make up for it. Also Oregon’s Willamette Valley, situated on the west side of the Cascade Mountains, is on the same latitude as France’s Burgundy region. So their you have it a little bit about the eastern part of Oregon.

In the Navy I was stationed in Scotland and between the temperature and the nice light without eye strain I found to be perfect

I appreciate the “travel log”. I’ve made up a saying to go with my favorite climate, A Gray Day, Is A Grade A Day. So, I guess you figured I’m talking about the western half. The nutty half.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado

I'll bite.

How do you know about black ice on that Mt during winter?

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Was driving a entertainer motorcoach pulling a trailer in the middle of Jan. It snowed and sleeted ice the day before while i was in Boise and had to travel to portland the next day. As i drove over the top and started down the other side being very careful due to possible black Ice since it was only 27°outside and the snow was blowing, I hit a patch of black ice doing about 40mph while using my retarder going down the Mt. The bus got ah "a little squirreley" almost going sideways and the trailer started to come around to the left when i hit blacktop again. I almost ah had a mistake in my pants you might say and in fact about 15 minutes later an 18wheeler did lose it and landed on his side in the same place where I had my adventure and heard about it on the CB Radio.The speed limit on that Mt was 75mph as well or at least when I drove on it back in 07. Made the rest of the trip ok but did pull off in Ontario OR for about a 20 min break so that is how I know about black ice on Cabbage Mt. FyI the entertainer and the equipment in the trailer was worth total about $1 million total.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom