Did Someone Say 3 Gun At the AGC on January 12th?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I did inquire about allowing a food truck also.

Ricks wife used to (at 3 Gun Events) cook pulled pork, brats, etc and ask for a $5 donation. She would just put a jar out and paying for lunch was on the honor system. She quit doing it because she always went home with less in donations than it cost her to buy the food.

Problem with that is too few people have honor.
    I think a food truck would be great. No pay/no food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ArmedInMd

Jun 9, 2008
    That would have been helpful for me. I forgot to bring enough ammo but got lucky and another shooter sold me some.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I appreciate it. Maybe $10 per customer? ;)

Me too, but we don't get a vote

You guys! :rolleyes:Quit rubbin' it in! I'm trying hard to stop being such a crybaby and move on from this! (ok, not really :rasp:)

If this thing does blow up like we want it to (as referenced in the Steel Challenge thread), food is probably going to become a necessity. It wouldn't need to be like a fancy "food truck" food truck (at first, anyway. I have a hunch/hope Jerry Miculek is not a picky eater, but some of those other folks might be). A "gut truck" would probably do for a while. The challenge is whether or not they would get enough business to make it worth their while :tap: The other challenge I would envision is getting someone willing to sell food and NOT SHOOT! :wtf: (I sure couldn't do that :innocent0)

As for Ammo Jon...what's the difference between him selling some ammo and the people who used to (I haven't noticed lately...maybe it did get stopped) have a rifle or two for sale in the Barnes Range House, or the "for sale" flyers in the bathrooms? :shrug: (I'm sure AGC will be able to come up with a difference :rolleyes:)

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I did inquire about allowing a food truck also.

Ricks wife used to (at 3 Gun Events) cook pulled pork, brats, etc and ask for a $5 donation. She would just put a jar out and paying for lunch was on the honor system. She quit doing it because she always went home with less in donations than it cost her to buy the food.

Problem with that is too few people have honor.
    I think a food truck would be great. No pay/no food.

I don't know much about money, but (believe it or not) I do like to think that people are not always deliberately bad. The problem I see with the $5 donation honor system is, what if honorable people put in $5, but unknowingly take $6 worth of food?

If someone could be convinced to do something like that again, with individual prices set at break-even or slight profit levels...:shrug: I'd be willing to overpay for a sandwich, bag of chips, or bottle of water, knowing the profits went into the Action Shooting fund.

(I know how these things go...:oI am absolutely NOT volunteering for the gig...cuz I wanna shoot :gun3:)

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    You guys! :rolleyes:Quit rubbin' it in! I'm trying hard to stop being such a crybaby and move on from this! (ok, not really :rasp:)

If this thing does blow up like we want it to (as referenced in the Steel Challenge thread), food is probably going to become a necessity. It wouldn't need to be like a fancy "food truck" food truck (at first, anyway. I have a hunch/hope Jerry Miculek is not a picky eater, but some of those other folks might be). A "gut truck" would probably do for a while. The challenge is whether or not they would get enough business to make it worth their while :tap: The other challenge I would envision is getting someone willing to sell food and NOT SHOOT! :wtf: (I sure couldn't do that :innocent0)

As for Ammo Jon...what's the difference between him selling some ammo and the people who used to (I haven't noticed lately...maybe it did get stopped) have a rifle or two for sale in the Barnes Range House, or the "for sale" flyers in the bathrooms? :shrug: (I'm sure AGC will be able to come up with a difference :rolleyes:)

I don’t believe anyone was asked to not sell anything. I got the OK to approve vendors based on the value they can bring to Action Shooting. We will go ahead and let Jon set up a table and see how it goes.

We can also entertain the idea of having a food truck if someone knows of one. Not sure if anyone will want to do it as it would be a risk the first few times.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I don’t believe anyone was asked to not sell anything. I got the OK to approve vendors based on the value they can bring to Action Shooting. We will go ahead and let Jon set up a table and see how it goes.

We can also entertain the idea of having a food truck if someone knows of one. Not sure if anyone will want to do it as it would be a risk the first few times.

:party29:Sweet!

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

Haven’t done 3 gun yet, I’d probably just do 2 gun for now. If I’m doing 2 matches a month I’m going to start ripping through some ammo.

Damn you guys are going to cost me money lol.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I don't know much about money, but (believe it or not) I do like to think that people are not always deliberately bad. The problem I see with the $5 donation honor system is, what if honorable people put in $5, but unknowingly take $6 worth of food?

If someone could be convinced to do something like that again, with individual prices set at break-even or slight profit levels...:shrug: I'd be willing to overpay for a sandwich, bag of chips, or bottle of water, knowing the profits went into the Action Shooting fund.

(I know how these things go...:oI am absolutely NOT volunteering for the gig...cuz I wanna shoot :gun3

It all requires someone willing to do it. She didn’t want to police the money or make it too complicated. It became much more trouble than it was worth. If few full grown men spending $60+ to shoot for a day can’t be trusted to drop $5 in a can, then everybody has to bring their own protein bar.

Hopefully someone knows someone with Food Truck who is willing to take a gamble on is.

Last edited:

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008

All I need is a parking space :)

Trunk opens and I’m in business. In regards to bringing food let me see what I can come up with.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    All I need is a parking space :)

Trunk opens and I’m in business. In regards to bringing food let me see what I can come up with.

If you show up in time for the Safety briefing (8:30 am), then I will give you a quick minute to introduce yourself and run through your sales pitch. I doubt you will need to bring any food.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    If you show up in time for the Safety briefing (8:30 am), then I will give you a quick minute to introduce yourself and run through your sales pitch. I doubt you will need to bring any food.

Good ammo, cheap, here ;)

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    I've never done this. At least not outside of a military setting years ago.

I never even heard of it until signing up for this forum today.

I want in. I want to do it.

Won't be at the one on Sunday though. But I'll be keeping an eye out for future events.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008

I could bring beef jerky, cheap knives/tasers from China and turquoise jewelry. It’ll be like a mini gun show ;)

TheRealJimDavis

Jan 28, 2013
    The Burnie
    I have a friend who likes your matches a lot. I can't make this one, but I'm definitely gonna start 3 gun there. Doing my first IDPA with you guys on 1/18.

Surt

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 2, 2019
    I'll be at the IDPA this weekend, but also need to pick up the shotgun ammo to start making it out to these. Are mini slugs allowed? The KS7 I'd be brining is unusable even with 2-3/4" slugs.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I'll be at the IDPA this weekend, but also need to pick up the shotgun ammo to start making it out to these. Are mini slugs allowed? The KS7 I'd be brining is unusable even with 2-3/4" slugs.

I’m going to try to grab some cases on Saturday, if not I have some in my personal inventory I’ll probably bring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom