• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    I do snake bites often with snakehead, especially if it was frozen beforehand. Bread em and deep fry them and they are delicious. I add a little old bay or similar to the breading, even done lemon pepper in it too (which is my go to for grilling them and other fish) and it's pretty darned good!

Thanks! That’s pretty similar to what another guy told me. And I agree, when grilling or baking fish, lemon pepper, is also my go to. I love it on trout, I even add lemon slices.

Jakers07

MDS Supporter
    Mar 9, 2021
    Anglers big snakehead tournament starts next month. No entry fee. I hear the blackwater area has been productive the past couple weeks. I'll be looking for sneks in that area this weekend or next.

Wsanner

Sep 19, 2012
    They were catching them at blackwater a good bit over the last couple weeks but I think they have backed off some. We shot 8 last monday in the potomac. Seen about 20. Then fished saturday nite and only saw 3. It will be on fire as soon as we get some steady warmer weather.

JustCallMeDad

Oct 8, 2021
    I’d love to get out and fish for snakeheads. Wondering if anyone has any tips on good spots to go and any tackle they use . Trying to do my part to help with these invasive bastards, and also fill my freezer!

Funny enough the pond behind lansdowne high school not far from arbutus has plenty of them as a few of my buddies have caught them their and i have personally seen a few myself but was not lucky enough to catch one yet,

Otherwise try the creeks and lakes in pasadena.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Really itching for a few warm days to throw these again.

Attachments

• frog.jpg
      frog.jpg
      47.5 KB · Views: 120

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads