• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longgunnewb

Textbook Libertarian
    Feb 23, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Does anyone on here do concrete jacking? The steps leading to our house have settled and dropped about 3" on one side and broken away from the main landing.

Worst case scenario I have to have the concrete broken up and repoured but I would prefer to just have it lifted back into place.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    I had concretejack.com do a complex lift of our patio. They used foam instead of a concrete slurry. The advantages of that are that the holes that they drill at 5/8 in. instead of 1 3/4 in. hole for injection. The foam also waterproofs. They're a great company and their compressors are awesome.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    I had a concrete slab patio lifted with foam. I'd recommend the company but the mileage charges would be hell.

The most important thing in this situation is to ensure you have eliminated the cause of the problem. In my case, water was getting under the patio and undermining its dirt foundation (slab on grate) . Gutters, a downspout sent to sewer, and a 4" drain trough sent to sewer eliminated the cause of the problem for me. The sunken patio was just a symptom.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Bumping this to see if anyone has anything to add.
    I’m looking at a couple of issues at my house that need to be addressed.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    My neighbor paid for someone to raise a section of his. Cost him about $1k, and they were only able to raise it about halfway back to where it was originally. It was a ~10x10 area, and it had to move about 8" on one side. Better results for roughly the same money could have been achieved by pouring new, IMHO.

psucobra96

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2011
    My neighbor paid for someone to raise a section of his. Cost him about $1k, and they were only able to raise it about halfway back to where it was originally. It was a ~10x10 area, and it had to move about 8" on one side. Better results for roughly the same money could have been achieved by pouring new, IMHO.

Would prob cost about double that maybe 2500 new. You have to remove and dispose of the old concrete which adds a good 5-800 bucks for that.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    So I'm actually looking to get similar thing done. This slab is sinking, causing flooding in the basement and damaging the overhang.

I regret not having it taken out when I got the driveway done.

I'm looking for someone who could do this but I know it's such a small job most concrete companies won't do it.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 20210308_124755.jpg
      20210308_124755.jpg
      101.8 KB · Views: 169

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver