• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • querty

MDS Supporter
    Apr 30, 2011
    Pros:
    1. Great customer service. Very knowledgeable. Willing to spend the time to answer questions and show as many guns as requested. Willing to stay late to finish paperwork.
    2. Good inventory of high quality firearms.
    3. Always dealing with the owner who can make decisions.
    4. Fair pricing.

Cons:
    1. Most always have to wait in line.
    2. No range to test drive prior to purchase.

Suggestions:
    1. Clone yourself. I think two copies plus the original will be sufficient... until you move into a bigger place. :)

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Cons:
    2. No range to test drive prior to purchase.)

I like your approach, most of us already know the merits of 2A, so I'd like to say a word/ask about your 'cons'. Curious how many times you've been to 2A, day of the week/time,and approximately how long you had to wait to ask a question, handle a gun, or make a purchase? Just curious because, I've stopped by many times and on very rare occasion left because there were too many people already in line ahead of me. Generally I think this is a very good sign. :)

I don't know of any shop in MD that will let you shoot a gun before buying it. Some (like OnTarget) have a decent selection of rentals, that helps, but I'd venture to guess most of Marks customers are not first time buyers, just a guess. :)

JOBU

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2010
    STALAG Montgomery
    Pros:
    1. Great customer service. Very knowledgeable. Willing to spend the time to answer questions and show as many guns as requested. Willing to stay late to finish paperwork.
    2. Good inventory of high quality firearms.
    3. Always dealing with the owner who can make decisions.
    4. Fair pricing.

Cons:
    2. No range to test drive prior to purchase.

Suggestions:
    1. Clone yourself. I think two copies plus the original will be sufficient... until you move into a bigger place. :)

Cons:

(1) That damn line!!!
    (2) What a coincidence, everytime I go there Mark just happens to have run out of coffee & donuts.

Pros:

(1) That damn line is great for conversations and meeting folks (plus is a reflection on the quality of the store/service).
    (2) Rumor has it that, when available, Mark serves a mean coffee...it's just that I always get there after all is gone!:mad54:

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    (2) Rumor has it that, when available, Mark serves a mean coffee...it's just that I always get there after all is gone!:mad54:
    What about those mysterious donuts I've heard about but never seen? :innocent0

Even without the coffee or donuts I've always been very happy when I walk out the door. Mark's a stand up guy.

querty

MDS Supporter
    Apr 30, 2011
    Curious how many times you've been to 2A, day of the week/time,and approximately how long you had to wait to ask a question, handle a gun, or make a purchase?

Approximately six times since June. Normally stop in after 5pm early in the workweek. I have not run a stopwatch, but 10-15 minute wait is probably about the average that I have had to wait. One time I waited about 30 minutes and was tempted to leave and come back later. Last night was the shortest... about 2 minutes.

Just curious because, I've stopped by many times and on very rare occasion left because there were too many people already in line ahead of me. Generally I think this is a very good sign. :)

I think it is a good sign that he is busy. I know when I am traveling, I avoid eating at the restaurants with mostly empty parking lots during dinner time.

I don't know of any shop in MD that will let you shoot a gun before buying it. Some (like OnTarget) have a decent selection of rentals, that helps, but I'd venture to guess most of Marks customers are not first time buyers, just a guess. :)

I meant test drive using a rental gun. Mark actually sent me to OnTarget to shoot their rental guns. I'm glad he did, since I thought I wanted a Glock until I shot it. The grip angle just doesn't work for me.

I get a lot of valuable information from this site, so I try to support the IPs with my business. 2A Sales is definitely a place I will continue to support. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

GoGoGadget

Deplorable Member
    Mar 10, 2011
    A.A.Co. and Carteret Co. NC
    What about those mysterious donuts I've heard about but never seen? :innocent0

Even without the coffee or donuts I've always been very happy when I walk out the door. Mark's a stand up guy.

I can attest to the fact that the donuts are for real. I think it's one of his customers who sometimes brings them on Thursdays, IIRC.

I've waited for service at 2A - no big deal. I only go there when I know that I have plenty of time to spare. It's hard to get in and out of 2A quickly - even if you're the only one in the shop. Mark always has some really interesting stuff to drool over.

It's nice that Mark concentrates on one customer at a time instead of trying to help everyone at once. When your turn comes, you know you will have his full, undivided attention. And he will most likely place some very cool weapons in your hands! :thumbsup:

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Approximately six times since June. ...Last night was the shortest... about 2 minutes.

I get a lot of valuable information from this site, so I try to support the IPs with my business. 2A Sales is definitely a place I will continue to support. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the details, sounds good. I even like to grocery shop on off days/times. But I also like listening in on others discussions and sometimes chatting with other customers waiting around for their turn..

I can attest to the fact that the donuts are for real. I think it's one of his customers who sometimes brings them on Thursdays, IIRC.

It's nice that Mark concentrates on one customer at a time instead of trying to help everyone at once. When your turn comes, you know you will have his full, undivided attention. And he will most likely place some very cool weapons in your hands! :thumbsup:

Oh, I've been offered a donut or two; very real. :)

I've seen Mark very tactfully tell folks (two younger guys on one occasion) that they would have to wait their turn to see a gun. Mark has the timing down to a science, if someone is doing paperwork he will often move on to the next customer and repeatedly check back with the person doing the paperwork to make sure they don't screw something up.

I try to only stop in when I have enough time to wait in line or if I just want to peek at what he has on display. If I see something that really interests me, I'll stay for a chance of handling it. Always careful to ask if it's ok to drop the hammer or work the action; he needs to sell them all as new, and some guns can get a lot of rough handling if they sit in the display too long. Never let a magazine you do not own drop to the floor, very bad form. :)

Each shop seems to have slightly different rules/norms, but being polite, respectful to folks/firearms and learning a little etiquette will go a long way.

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    The only problem with the line is it usually leads straight back to my WALLET! It gives me more time to contemplate my next purchase!

Petar

Nov 18, 2010
    The only problem with the line is it usually leads straight back to my WALLET! It gives me more time to contemplate my next purchase!

Absolutely true, while in line… I justify why I just can’t live without the next purchase. Such as… “Sh*t, I’ve waited in line for this long, I might as well buy the them thing!” What a great justification…

2Asales&Supplies

, , Up In Arms Since 2009
    Industry Partner
    Aug 5, 2009
    Thanks for all of the nice compliments folks!

There are plans to expand, but no timeframe. I imagine it will probably be a year before we see any big changes other than maybe a helper.

2A

Jwunder

Jun 24, 2010
    Berwyn Heights
    Last time I was there he had a bbq chicken pizza for me and gave me and a friend an awesome deal on a consignment/transfer situation.

Since I found 2A in June 2010 I have bought 4 guns from him, over 1k in optics, and had him handle 3 transfers between myself and my friends.

Always professional, knowledgeable, and willing to give me a great deal. I don't go anywhere else anymore. I recommend to all of my friends to go there and they have all been equally as happy with his service so far.

doneyd67

May 12, 2010
    Howard County
    True Mark is a stand up guy, although I havent been there in awhile since finances have been tight lately Mark is my goto guy when i do get to buy more toys:D I wonder if he will offer a buy a gun a get a free massage next door:lol2: Just kidding ...... think:innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom