• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    Got to try out my new AK made by Centry Arms this week while up my place in WV.
    It's an underfolder model.
    Gun came with 2- 30 round metal mag's that functioned perfectlly.
    A very minor adjustment to "drift" the sight to the right so it hit on target at 100yards.

Basicly this is a nice shooting rifle that at no time had a failure to feed or eject.
    Did'nt have the feared bent front sight post.
    Mags that would'nt work, sloppy mag's, ect.
    But just a solid fun shooting rifle for a decent price.

Only caution is after about 200 rounds of shooting it in nothing more then a t shirt.
    The underfolder stock can become how would you say. Uncomfortable to the shoulder. No pading on the stock or me will leave a mark so to speak.
    All in all I am very pleased with my first AK buy and how it performed.
    Dang these are fun rifles to shoot. FWIW:)

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    Do you have a Romanian, Polish, or Serbian/Yugo underfolder?

If it is Romanian, Century did not build it but imported it directly from Romania and added the compliant parts.

If it is Serbian/Yugo, Century did build it but from a parts kit and using U.S. receiver, FCG, furniture, and possibly either using a muzzle brake, magazine, or gas piston to round out the 6 parts needed.

The Polish ones are fairly new builds by Century. They will look identical to the Romanian ones except they will have a swelled front handguard and have mag dimples in the side of the receiver by the magwell meaning its another parts kit gun like the Serbian/Yugo on a U.S. receiver.

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    My CAI build Yugo shot a whompin' 16 MOA to the left when I got it! I had to figure this out by shooting at a 50 yard target and be just barely making it onto the paper. I sent it back to them with the target and they made it right... shoots 2.5 MOA groups with cheap Wolf ammo. Not bad for a centerfire plinker...

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    Scott papaer work says it's a Romanian gun.
    Since I'm not adapt at posting pic's here on the forum. I will gladlly e mail pics to a member for them to post for me.
    Shoot me a PM for pic's.:)

ColonelHurtz

A pile of little arms.
    Nov 13, 2008
    1. You'll be needing a shitload of Hungarian 20 round mags for your weapon.

2. Look to purchase a slip on buttpad. The grenade launcher style one.
    It won't fold with it on but it makes shooting it a lot kinder. About $15.

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    Scott papaer work says it's a Romanian gun.
    Since I'm not adapt at posting pic's here on the forum. I will gladlly e mail pics to a member for them to post for me.
    Shoot me a PM for pic's.:)

That is good to hear. That would be the one to have out of all of them and the one I would choose. They were at least built in Romania at the factory arsenal with hammer forged chrome-lined barrels which means yours will last a long time. :thumbsup:

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    Scott good to know it will last me awhile. I was just looking for a entry level
    "fun gun" AK just to have one.
    But have to say these things are a blast to shoot. I'm even thinking about putting my spare red dot sight on it.

Colonel the stock 30 rounders it came with functioned fine. I do need some 10 or 20 rounders just to be able to shoot off the bench without mag getting in the way.
    Funny but all the horror storys about mags not working and sights being bent.
    Never had any of these problems. In fact the only adjustment was to adjust front sight a tad to the left for better groups at 100 yards. No elevation adjustment needed at all.

Slip on pad sounds like a great idea. Cooler weather shooting it would be no problem. But in tee shirt weather with no pading like I have have. Yea,it left a mark:)

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    posting on behalf of cobra:
    cobra1i.jpg

cobra2z.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members