• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I was watching the Steve McQueen movie Bullit and was looking to see if I could find a holster like the one Lt. Bullit used. Apparently a real-life San Francisco detective by the name of Dave Toschi had the same "upside-down" rig. Anyone ever tried one of these? Looks interesting.

Attachments

• toschi.jpg
      toschi.jpg
      45.4 KB · Views: 1,569
    • 44HJ7IAB3VW3LWOAUSSBPLJJH4.jpg
      44HJ7IAB3VW3LWOAUSSBPLJJH4.jpg
      25.4 KB · Views: 1,449

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    If nothing else it's a good movie.

Agree 100% and I like oddball equipment that was once used just for the historical/cool factor.

With that being said, I personally don't like shoulder rigs. We're authorized to wear them under certain circumstances if doing admin/non-patrol stuff which I did for a few months to get a break from the norm. Tried one and literally turned it back in after 1 day. (Not knocking people who like them, they're just not for me.)

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Maybe deeper concealment so it doesn't push out on the outer garment/jacket at the front? (Looks like a good way to get shot while you're trying to draw your gun.)
    I've worn a "regular" shoulder holster with a 229 holstered the proper way, high up while wearing a dress shirt for deep concealment with zero issues.

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    I have one of these. With a featherweight S&W under a suitcoat you forget it's there.

Looks like currently unavailable, but send them a note if interested.

https://nevadagunleather.com/Upside-Down-Shoulder-Holster-Currently-unavailble-155.htm"]https://nevadagunleather.com/Upside-Down-Shoulder-Holster-Currently-unavailble-155.htm

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    I've worn a "regular" shoulder holster with a 229 holstered the proper way, high up while wearing a dress shirt for deep concealment with zero issues.

I'm no expert in them, just taking a guess. (see the post above regarding my experience with one :lol2:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom