• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    I also feel sad for any grown adult who thinks there is a difference between 10-30 round magazines and 30-10 round magazines.

let's be honest here, of course there's a difference, and i know which option i would choose. ditto for the AR, there's no doubt it's the best, at least one of the best, tools for the job when it comes to self defense, that's why we want/have them. of course, fun factor, competition, etc.

the issue is i don't want any limits on my ability to defend myself. if it takes a full tactical team with full loadouts to go after the loser boston marathon bomber, or the recent philly guy, then i want some of that to potentially defend myself, as i won't have a team backing me and the cops are minutes away.

we're not limiting alcohol to 5 proof, not limiting cars to 100hp, not locking cell phones above 3mph, because that's freedom, baby, even though lives would be saved, and we should have nothing less for firearms especially as they have the constitution protecting them.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I've always said that f***tard at Sandy Hook could have done the same thing with a single shot .410 and a pocket full of shells.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    let's be honest here, of course there's a difference, and i know which option i would choose. ditto for the AR, there's no doubt it's the best, at least one of the best, tools for the job when it comes to self defense, that's why we want/have them. of course, fun factor, competition, etc.

the issue is i don't want any limits on my ability to defend myself. if it takes a full tactical team with full loadouts to go after the loser boston marathon bomber, or the recent philly guy, then i want some of that to potentially defend myself, as i won't have a team backing me and the cops are minutes away.

we're not limiting alcohol to 5 proof, not limiting cars to 100hp, not locking cell phones above 3mph, because that's freedom, baby, even though lives would be saved, and we should have nothing less for firearms especially as they have the constitution protecting them.

I've always said that f***tard at Sandy Hook could have done the same thing with a single shot .410 and a pocket full of shells.

He wasn’t really under any pressure to reload and fire. Zero difference if he was using 10 round or 5 round magazines.

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013

He wasn’t really under any pressure to reload and fire. Zero difference if he was using 10 round or 5 round magazines.

Sandy Hook is one example they use to demonstrate why a magazine round limitation would be useful. Some kids escaped while he was either reloading or had a feed malfunction. What most people fail to mention is that 154 rounds were fired with at least 5 mag changes and none of the other instances had people escaping.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    The unfortunate reality is that most of the grabber types simply have no idea how simple it is to change a lower-capacity mag, especially with a little practice. The obsessive crazies aren't unaware of this, just like rational defense-minded people understand it.

The perfect antidote to this nonsense is to point out that the Parkland murderer used 10-round mags. Why? Because he couldn't discreetly fit his rifle into his sports duffel bag with the larger mag attached. The 10-round mags were stealthier, and that's what he used.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    The unfortunate reality is that most of the grabber types simply have no idea how simple it is to change a lower-capacity mag, especially with a little practice. The obsessive crazies aren't unaware of this, just like rational defense-minded people understand it.

The perfect antidote to this nonsense is to point out that the Parkland murderer used 10-round mags. Why? Because he couldn't discreetly fit his rifle into his sports duffel bag with the larger mag attached. The 10-round mags were stealthier, and that's what he used.

The Virginia Tech shooter also used 10-rd mags for one of the two pistols that he brought (the Walther). This tragedy is still the deadliest school shooting on record.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom