• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sld42

Aug 20, 2017
    I've been shooting skeet with a Beretta AL391 w/ 28" barrel, and want to get an O/U. I also hope to shoot some SC if I can find a closer course. Any thoughts or opinions on a Beretta SV10 Prevail 30" w/KO or a Citori 725 30" Sporting or Skeet models for this application? Reliability and resale?

Does the Kick-Off really reduce felt recoil? The Citori has a pad that's supposed to help with recoil also - do either of these keep you from getting beat up?

I know fitment is important, and I've shouldered Beretta SPs and the Citori CXS models in the store, and I think I liked Citori fit a little better. I wasn't able to find the SV10 or 725 Skeet models locally, so the fit may be different from what I've tried (I'm 5'11" with 34" sleeve).

Finally aesthetics: I seem to like the Beretta lines a little better, and I don't like blued receivers, so I'm looking at the 725 over the CXS.

Without being able to try these I know it'll be a chance, but I hope some informed advice can make a better choice - Thanks.

Tomfowl

Oct 14, 2010
    Towson
    I have the 725 field model in 20 gauge which I have been using for skeet. . I took a lesson with Jack Bart and shot 14 rounds of skeet and did not have any problem with recoil or soreness the next day.

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    IMHO. The 725 Sporting will hold it's value better than the Prevail if that matters to you.
    The 725 Sporting with the adjustable comb is the way I'd go versus the Prevail.
    However, I really don't like ported barrels.
    I would also look at the Beretta 687 III in that $3k price range.
    Further however, If it were me, I'd buy a used Caesar Guerini Summit Sporting from Jack Bart for that money. A lot more gun than the Browning or Beretta.
    Probably get a new one for $3500.

ps: 32" barrels are the way to go. I have 32" Guerinis in 20g and 12g and if you meet me at Loch Raven, you can shoot them for both Trap and Skeet.

Further. The only real difference between a "skeet" gun and a "sporting" is the name and maybe barrel length. Trap guns are a different story.

sld42

Aug 20, 2017
    Thanks for the advice and quick response, seems like both are nice guns, but the 725 Sporting 32" seems to be the preference!

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    I also have 725 Sporting-3 years old at least-many 1000s of rounds through it-I don't keep count but shoot sporting clays somewhere almost every weekend in addition to some trap and a little skeet-it just works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom