• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • One of my favorite pastimes is using our Ugly Stik 4' ultra lites w/2lb test line and size 14 hooks to fish for saltwater ornamentals. Whenever I return to The Keys, my friends always ask if I plan on going "Kyle Fishing". I am a running joke among Lower Keys fisherman.
    Of course when I hook a 2" fish that would go in my aquarium, I always loudly yell "FISH ON!!!"

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    For freshwater and light saltwater, I prefer Ugly Stik rods of various lengths and actions depending on what I am fishing for, and Shimano bait caster spinning reels.
    Surf- I love my St.Croix rods and Shimano set ups. Also have a Penn 850S (iIRC) on a St.Croix.

Funny, I have the same setup, bought the rod in 1985 and still going strong!

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    One of my favorite pastimes is using our Ugly Stik 4' ultra lites w/2lb test line and size 14 hooks to fish for saltwater ornamentals. Whenever I return to The Keys, my friends always ask if I plan on going "Kyle Fishing". I am a running joke among Lower Keys fisherman.
    Of course when I hook a 2" fish that would go in my aquarium, I always loudly yell "FISH ON!!!"

No need to go fishing. Just grab one of my sons whore fishes babies. She keeps pumping them out.

Attachments

• IMG_3525.jpg
      IMG_3525.jpg
      100.6 KB · Views: 160

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Same reel I currently use. Sadly I don't have a use for it since I'm already setup with one. It would be a great pickup for anyone wanting to try a baitcaster.

What did you have in mind trade wise?

I'd consider anything reasonable honestly. Spare rod, decent spinning reel, little cash, some 9mm, 22lr, or 223 stuff. Whatever.

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    I was planning on buying a nicer replacement rod for my short old school light weight setup. After getting some of the fishing rods in my hands I ended up going with the field and stream inferno 5'6. $24.99. Imo it feels better than the ugly stik gx2 which is what my son uses. I like the narrow handle and the stiffer back.

It feels like an awesome rod for the money. Super easy to cast over hand, back hand, side hand under hand. Great Lake/pound woods/tree rod.

After putting some time in with this rod. I believe it's just too light for my use. Which sucks because I do like the rod. Maybe El Flasko could use it... ;)

Anyone recommend a smaller rod that can handle a bit more weight?

Zman9398

Jan 15, 2017
    I've been rockin some different action Fenwick Aetos, and I really have a thing for the Pflueger Patriarch reels. I've been throwing a lot of my "standard" senko colors lately like watermelon, black with flake, and sometimes brown with flake. I was up in canada recently fishing for small mouth and killing them with wacky rigged senkos on big drop offs in about 5-10 foot of water but the perch loved the drop shot in about 25 foot of water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom