• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    First question is...did he check yes to any of the boxes on the questionnaire? If so, he is going to have a hard time buying a gun.

Section question... was he denied or delayed? Depending on the work you do and sometimes your name, you can be delayed. I have been delayed several times due to security clearance re-investigations and the system showing an open investigation. It can help to put your SS number in to avoid delays due to your name.

Suggestion...as someone said earlier, your friend should have a criminal record background check and he should also get a credit check done. Unfortunately, identity theft is very common these days. He should also make sure that he doesn't have something like a long outstanding traffic ticket.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    OK, based on the way this unfolded 2A Maryland is correct because Daggo66 said "all long guns in Maryland are unregulated", which is not accurate.

The formally regulated rifles that have been grandfathered in are still heavily regulated in that only the civilians who owned them prior to 10/2013 can possess them now. And in the future only their heirs can take posession of them.

If daggo66 had mentioned purchase scenarios he would be entirely correct, but he didn't.

Of course that's what I meant. Sorry for assuming people here had the least bit of intelligence. I'll start posting like I'm talking to a libtard from now on.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    regulated firearms owned before 10-1-13 are not banned. what would you call a formerly regulated firearm but now banned that was possessed before 10-1-13.

still legal. i call mine formerly regulated.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    what would you call a formerly regulated firearm but now banned that was possessed before 10-1-13.

still legal. i call mine formerly regulated.

I call mine a rifle. If you want specifics it's a Mini 14. You can't sell it in MD or to a MD resident so it's banned, not regulated.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    banned for resale in MD, not possession.

If it was banned, I could not legally possess it even if I possessed it before 10-1-13.

That's simply not the case.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    All long guns in MD are "unregulated".

Not correct. Many so-called "assault rifles" and "assault shotguns" are regulated.

See Maryland Gun Laws on 2A Maryland web page.

Actually you are Not Correct. What was once a regulated long gun in MD is now a banned gun. Must we seriously be that nit picking?

Of course that's what I meant. Sorry for assuming people here had the least bit of intelligence. I'll start posting like I'm talking to a libtard from now on.

Words matter. This thread is not in the Water Cooler and is "open" on the internet. If a novice visitor to MDS reads that "All long guns in Maryland are unregulated" and sells his old govt. cut barrel AR to his neighbor both could end up as felons.

If this were a sports talk site, no one gets hurt. If there are blanket statements about firearm laws posted that are missing crucial qualifiers, why complain if someone follows with complete info so that novice folks can keep up?

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    banned for resale in MD, not possession.

If it was banned, I could not legally possess it even if I possessed it before 10-1-13.

That's simply not the case.

Pardon me Captain Obvious. Banned for resale. Are you happy now? This is why we will never be united and win over the libtards.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    As Rack pointed out, words matter. It's obvious to you, not new readers of the forum who may not be as well informed as you seem to be.

If you don't agree with me, that's fine

ETA-I'm not here to win over libtards. I am here to defeat them.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Words matter. This thread is not in the Water Cooler and is "open" on the internet. If a novice visitor to MDS reads that "All long guns in Maryland are unregulated" and sells his old govt. cut barrel AR to his neighbor both could end up as felons.

If this were a sports talk site, no one gets hurt. If there are blanket statements about firearm laws posted that are missing crucial qualifiers, why complain if someone follows with complete info so that novice folks can keep up?

If my aunt had a penis she'd be my uncle.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Ahh, I see. We must choose our words carefully in case a new person comes in here and asks a question. When they are told to go search for it instead of answering them, they will need this resource. Got it. :rolleyes:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    some of us answer questions with the most accurate info we can. some choose not to.

ok by me. but don't get your a$$ on your shoulders when your info is either inaccurate or incomplete.

speaking in generalities or with incomplete info doesn't really work well when it comes to firearms laws in MD

but you've been told that already.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I thought they were required to tell you why you were denied.

I would say the NICS Appeal is the paper he needs.

Also, if he has any other guns, the MSP Firearms Recovery Unit will be paying him a visit shortly.

Is he sure he has no criminal history? Remember over the last few years, some laws have changed about disqualifying crimes.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Pardon me Captain Obvious. Banned for resale. Are you happy now? This is why we will never be united and win over the libtards.

I don't know why you have that response. His comments were 100% correct. Can't say the same for others.

As far as united, you're right we will never be united because everyone thinks they know everything about the laws in Maryland and far too many won't take the time to learn what's right and what's wrong.

Giving bad advise is bad, even when it was given with good intentions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom