• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    And to cap off the row of protégé post. Mercedes recommended oil change is 10k miles or 1 year whichever comes first.

And that is what I do.

Same with my truck (Cummins), always change them once a year and never had a single issue in literally hundreds of thousands of miles.

The whole "Every 3k miles" thing is ridicilous. With the way oil stock and filter technology is, unless you are somehow getting straight up contamination in your lube,.... there's no sense at all in changing oil at 3K miles.

Shit, I drove 1,033 miles in the last ten DAYS in my Jetta! I change it once every 15K, Rotella blue bottle (Synthetic).

Sorry to keep off topic, just a pet peeve of mine. If Subaru says 7,500 (which as stated seems totally reasonable regardless of oil stock), it should sure as shit run AT LEAST that long without consuming the oil!

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    Agreed. The car service industry has kept the 3mo/3k mile thing going. Ironically the places that push it the most don't even change the oil lol. Thanks jiffy lube.

Rotella t6 ftw. Nothing like running diesel oil in a gas car.
    I also run rotella t diesel Dino oil in my motorcycle with a car oil filter. Some people think I'm crazy. Can't run anything but motorcycle oil and OEM filters or the motor will seize up.

I even ran Honda GN4 oil in my Suzuki. That turned a lot of OEM only guys worlds upside down. Honda oil in a Suzuki? No no no!

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Agreed. The car service industry has kept the 3mo/3k mile thing going. Ironically the places that push it the most don't even change the oil lol. Thanks jiffy lube.

I'd say it benefits the major oil refiners most, people straight up wasting oil by changing it literally twice as much as needed. Now they are selling 50% blends of recycled oil,... go figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom