• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    :party29:

Have people viewing our house later this week and we are currently viewing houses in VA, best case, we'll be out in a week or two, worst case...

Anywho,

Not sure if I want to move ourselves, before kids, and with lots of Ikea stuff it was a no brainer, with kids and solid wood items, hmmmm, might be better to just hire a company. Looking for an idea of how much they cost, and also who to use.

Just in case you missed the first one.

EDIT, in Odenton.

Billman

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    May 18, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    Myself and two other coworkers used Perry Moving & Storage out of Hanover,MD.
    All three moves went well and they will move your gun safe too!

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    JK Moving and Storage

If you want it done right, these guys are the ones.

We used them to move to NC.

I grew up with the owner. I saw them buy their very first truck. It's a family business run right.

This!!!! They moved me to VA and they exceeded all my expectations.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    JK Moving and Storage

I grew up with the owner. I saw them buy their very first truck. It's a family business run right.

I agree. they moved my Mom twice. Good group. Not the cheapest but great company IMO

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    That's them.

Chuck Kuhn is the owner. Major success story and with very good reason.

Everyone I dealt with with them was first rate. Some things are best done by the best.

While I got another company's estimate, it was close and not the same service.

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    $190 an hour plus automatic 1 hour assumed for truck drive time. To and from site.

Based on home size they estimated 6-8 hours with drive time to VA. Just an estimate since it was over the phone.

Very nice in the phone. Clearly they understand customer service.

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    We don't have that much stuff. I need to weigh out the cost of doing it myself and hiring people from Home Depot in laurel ;) in the end I'll most likely just bite the bullet. Isn't so bad moving 20-30 miles but to do 2-3-4 trips 90 minutes each way...

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo

Have people viewing our house later this week and we are currently viewing houses in VA, best case, we'll be out in a week or two, worst case...

Anywho,

Not sure if I want to move ourselves, before kids, and with lots of Ikea stuff it was a no brainer, with kids and solid wood items, hmmmm, might be better to just hire a company. Looking for an idea of how much they cost, and also who to use.

Just in case you missed the first one.

EDIT, in Odenton.
    Try Friendly Movers out of Rockville. We interviewed numerous companies. They had the best price and were the only ones who promised to move us completely in a single day. They did so successfully and without damages.

The move was last summer.

Jan 12, 2016
    Central MD
    I worked for Short Hop Moving back in the day. Out of Annapolis and Columbia. Great group of owners/guys and had a great reputation, at least back in the day. As the name suggests, they specialize in shorter moves but I was sent on a few out of state so they will do it. Worth a try or at least an estimate to compare to others.

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    We don't have that much stuff. I need to weigh out the cost of doing it myself and hiring people from Home Depot in laurel ;) in the end I'll most likely just bite the bullet. Isn't so bad moving 20-30 miles but to do 2-3-4 trips 90 minutes each way...

You can go to the day labor center in Adelphi or around there. They have people that do those specific duties. Such as they wont give you landscaper for drywall or handy man for moving. I had to pick them up from the center but didn't have to drop them off. It's like the Home Depot parking lot but with records and a coordinator

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    JK Moving and Storage

We, too, used j&k.

Moved us and just a few necessities to a rental. Packed everything else and put in storage for 12 weeks and then picked us up out the townhouse and delivered everything along. With unpacking.

Broke 1 thing - a cheap sun tea brew bottle worth about $12.

No brainer for me.

4 bedroom house with 3 kids 8 and younger along with a 7 month pregnant wife and me traveling 150k miles/yr.

I'd use them again in a heart beat!

---
    Shamr0ck

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom