What would it take to convert the HQL to a CCW?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    Just wondering what would need to happen up top, for this to happen. (other than hell freeze over/pigs fly)

People want Hogan to drop the HQL, which by doing that would mean getting Maryland to agree to loosening how hard/easy it is to get a gun in Maryland. That's an uphill battle, just the idea of making a gun easier to get would hit a wall fast.

However, if Hogan were to keep the steep gun laws in Maryland, Finger printing, background check (for HQL, and EACH gun after) and lets not forget the class room time. Keep all that but, convert the HQL into a CCW, he could easily say to the people that he is NOT making it easier to get a gun, people it applies to already have a guns, we would still have the 4th? strictest gun laws in the Country.

It wouldn't even cost the state any addition money, or they could add a small fee and the standard 16 hour class time (more money to local business and tax for state) to upgrade your valid permit to a CCW permit based strictly on the HQL number, so additional income for the state and no additional workers needed.

Best part would be Owemalley, his baby would be turned into his worst nightmare. Hell, even if Hogan said it was only valid for a trial 6 months and if gun crime goes up by guns owned by HQL holders, the whole thing would be scrapped. For some reason I feel like the odds of doing that are better than rolling back any current gun restrictions/HQL. So outside of hell freezing over, what are your thoughts?

boss-daydreaming-work.jpg

Me typing this thread up.

skeleton-cobwebs-waiting.jpg

Me after a few years, waiting for it to happen.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Just joking with you.

And Hogan has the State to worry about. As well as reelection.

We and CCW are a distant 80th in terms of importance.

Though I do believe he has the power to bring certain laws to people's attention so we can vehicle carry with no worries.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    To change the FSA2013 would require legislation to pass through both houses of our general assembly, where both are largely democratic.

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    Would an executive order based on a state emergency of all the terrorist threats get it done? Maryland is easily a terrorist target due to our strict gun laws, if an executive order could get it done and gun crime doesn't gun up, it could work and Hogan not run off. if any issues came from it, Hogan would be done, no doubt.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Would an executive order based on a state emergency of all the terrorist threats get it done? Maryland is easily a terrorist target due to our strict gun laws, if an executive order could get it done and gun crime doesn't gun up, it could work and Hogan not run off. if any issues came from it, Hogan would be done, no doubt.

Doubtful, not with a rabidly anti-gun attorney general willing to sue.

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    Doubtful, not with a rabidly anti-gun attorney general willing to sue.

Wondering what the basis of the lawsuit would be. If done for the safety of the state based on fears of a terrorist act, it could rub the people of Maryland wrong if the AG counters it.

Again, I know the odds, its next to impossible. This thread is just to see people's thoughts on it and what it would take and ways to get it done, regardless of how far fetched.

Laddertowr

trigger puller
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 3, 2013
    Dan… or anyone else…. If he declared a state of emergency could He alone give us (HQL holders) the right to carry? not sure this was brought up when Baltimore was having it's issues ....Not trying to Hi-jack the thread

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

Be very careful about enacting pro-gun executive orders during a national crisis.

Because the very same anti-gun executive orders could be enacted during a national crisis.

Not sure if I should buy popcorn for the 8pm speech or get the boat ready...

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    I agree. I think we need a cool down law meaning no one can make any major law changes within x many days after a crisis.

This is more about what would it take. How could it happen thread.

Laddertowr I think that's on topic

As to the popcorn. I don't need any. No reason to watch it when I can read the cliff notes on here about how taking guns will keep us safe from an outside threat.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Dan… or anyone else…. If he declared a state of emergency could He alone give us (HQL holders) the right to carry? not sure this was brought up when Baltimore was having it's issues ....Not trying to Hi-jack the thread

No, The Governor wouldn't be able to do that, per statute.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    :cool:

Attachments

• Charlton-Heston-as-Moses-The-Ten-Commandments-1956-Paramount.jpg
      Charlton-Heston-as-Moses-The-Ten-Commandments-1956-Paramount.jpg
      45.4 KB · Views: 350

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    Just joking with you.

And Hogan has the State to worry about. As well as reelection.

We and CCW are a distant 80th in terms of importance.

Though I do believe he has the power to bring certain laws to people's attention so we can vehicle carry with no worries.

New mexico did something like this.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Hogan can not get rid of the HQL. Only the legislature can do that.

Hogan could tell the head of MSP that an HQL is a "good and substantial reason" for a CCW.

But unlikely that will happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom